HP 15.6" Touchscreen A10 Quad-Core Laptop

I’ve ordered this laptop from Woot twice in the last few weeks and both times they sent me an Intel i3 with 8GB memory. If you order this you may get what you ordered. I’m still waiting for customer service to get me the right computer. I think all they will do is have me send it back for a refund. Caution!

I got screwed over too,
I got 8 gigs of ram instead of 12,
the Y button was jammed into the keyboard.
Only had 500 gigs instead of 1 TB in the hard drive,
and it also wasn’t a touchscreen…
Was going to buy it as a Christmas present but looks like it won’t be on time now…

I’m very sorry. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance.

THIS IS BAIT AND SWITCH!TWICE I ORDERED THIS LAPTOP AND TWICE WAS SENT AN HP 15-AB157NR WHICH IS NOT EVEN TOUCH SCREEN AND IS NOT CLOSE TO THE SPECS OF WHAT WAS ADVERTISED ON THE ONE I ORDERED AND EVEN BETTER WAS TOLD THE CORRECT ONE WAS SHIPPED?
WOOT CAN MAKE ALL OF US WHOLE BY SENDING THE HP TOUCH LAPTOP WITH THE INTEL i7 PROCESSOR AND QUIT YANKING US AROUND.
I HAVE USED WOOT IN THE PAST WITH NO ISSUES BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS AND NOT FAIR TO THE CONSUMER AT ALL!
SHAME ON WOOT!

I’m really sorry for your experience. I’ll add you to my report for CS tonight.

PLEASE SEND THE CORRECT LAPTOP!

I just opened mine. Seems they are still up to their nonsense. From what you all are experiencing I think I’ll just call my credit card company and have them reverse the charges. Should have read the reviews first.

Please email support@woot.com with your order info; CS can help you out.

Does anyone have a good ballpark 9n what a HP 15-ab157nr refurbished SHOULD sell for? I saw comment in one of the big box office supply stores that this machine was had new on sale from then for $349 recently. Can anyone confirm that? If so, that makes the $314.99 plus shipping cost for a refurbished unacceptable.

I think it was extra shady of woot to just try to kick us $75 in hopes we would go away without giving us a fair rundown of the differences…and the normal selling price of the lesser spec’ed machine they sent us.

Not everyone shops woot for a mystery computer, and their efforts to “fix” this problem are very lacking.

By my calculation, their offered refund of $75 to make things all better was only a total 17.7% discount off of the total price I paid for a machine with 2x the h.d. capacity, 4 more gb of RAM, and the touchscreen. Heck, woot was giving everyone 10% off up to $30 yesterday just for linking your Amazon account.

It’s hard to believe that woot is an Amazon company with such bad customer service. In fact, Amazon gave me 30% off a CORRRECT item that showed up in an open box a couple years ago. I would expect at least a similar discount, or a swap out for the right item, to make this fiasco not sting so much!

Yep. Me too. This is the second time I’ve ordered laptops from WOOT and they switched them on me. I got the I3 with 8GB RAM instead of the AMD A10 with 12GB as specified in the sale. Really poor experience. WOOT has really gone downhill since it started expanding its catalog.