HP 17.3" AMD Quad-Core 1TB SATA Laptops

Where do you get that this item ships for 100.00? All items ship for 5 bucks

This isn’t woot it is amazon dead on arrival store at retail prices. What an eye-sore these pages have become. Losing interest in the navigation on this site. Woots of luck Amazon

Well here is the problem…no where does it mention that it was refurbished by Dyson. Everyone knows people here ONLY buy Dyson refurbs!

returned several items I never a hassle on any

I have an 8-year-old Core 2 Quad desktop that beats that number by about 50%.

This laptop is a dog.

And woot, seriously, you arseholes are requiring captcha for login now? GTFO.

I returned a laptop to Woot not long ago and it couldn’t have been easier.

I agree with you that this laptop cpu IS a dog, but comparing it to any desktop CPU, even an aging one, isn’t really fair.

Laptop processing power cannot be easily compared to desktop cpu’s, even old ones, simply because laptop cpu’s have always lagged far behind in processing power. Whether you are comparing units from the same year or ones that are a decade apart, there will always be a disparity.

Core 2 Quads had a TDP approaching 100 watts while this A4 has a TDP of only 15 watts. That’s a low ceiling for performance by any standard.

However, when compared to similar, contemporaneous offerings from Intel, it does show that AMD has yet to unravel the secret of high performance / low wattage efficiency that Intel has seemingly grasped and fully mastered.

I actually question HP’s inclusion to what amounts to a netbook or tablet processor in a laptop that is 17 inches. I would think that people expect better from larger laptop offerings. Better performing CPU’s and higher resolution monitors.

If this were a car it would be one of those that brings you in to look at it because of the price only to be sold the (much) more expensive model because of everything the cheap one can’t do.

Per the specs the battery is: 4-cell 41WHr 2.8Ah Lithium-Ion

And sorry, no touch screen.

looks perfect。

I returned an order to woot 2 weeks ago. They refunded me for 2/3rds of my order. Emailed them again…then they refunded me for 1/3rd of my order minus shipping. Emailed them again…then was told they are working on refunding my shipping.

Apparently counting to 3 is really difficult when processing refunds.

That was after referring me to the manufacturer…who referred me back to woot.

Weeks of emails later…and I’m still waiting on my shipping refund for a defective product missing pieces for which I was told by manufacturer…“Woot is not an authorized seller of our product.”

Sure…I’m getting my money back. But not without a fair amount of leg work on my end…too much if you ask me.

Honestly, the processor is a turd even with four cores. Most of the Intel i5s commonly found in refurbs at the same price range and even lower (the i5 2520m, for example) will beat this cpu like a redheaded stepchild. You can also get said refurb laptops in a smaller footprint and with more RAM.

Unless that 1TB SSH is a deal breaker, this is a really bad deal.

$100 (price difference)+shipping+tax. Anyway, it matters little after reading all the comments on the processor speed/s, I passed on it.

Seems like those benchmarks were posted by Intel. Im just sayin.

Before getting one of these be aware that changing out the HD is a nightmare. The case is designed to keep you OUT! My daughter ordered one with Win 10 and asked me to change out the HD and install Win 7. She wanted to keep the original HD in case she wanted to move to it at some point. After looking at a youtub video I told her to just send it back and get a different laptop. The laptop runs good she just doesn’t want Win 10 at this time and was and figured she could just pull the HD and replace it. I have worked on a large number of laptop and this one is not worth opening up. This HP Model is the HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g198cy (ENERGY STAR) and I just found out HP drivers are only available for Win 10.