HP 17.3" FHD Laptop (Your Choice Color)

HP 17.3" FHD Laptop (Your Choice Color)

PRICE DROP to $224.99!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

1.1 GHz

Snail GIF by MotoGP

1 Like

@MrFast9232
I see your analogy, but isn’t that cephalopod faster than the HP in question by a considerable amount? Are you certain that it won’t be so upset by your comparison that he files a defamation suit…?

Back in my days, speeds were measured in MHz, not GHz!

Also:
2015-07-20-gamercat_136

4 Likes

PRICE DROP to $224.99!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

1 Like

So much depends on what you need to do with the laptop. One doesn’t need a sports car to go grocery shopping.

I got one of these, or similar, here a month or two back. Same comments.

I wanted a larger screen to make it easier to edit a wave-form [audio] in Adobe Audition. i turned off “eye-candy” and removed all kinds of start-ups. I don’t use five apps at once. It’s fine. If I apply some audio SFX to an entire 60 minute audio file, it takes a minute or two. A bit longer if I use exotics like my “psychoacoustic equalizer.” But then I had have a sip of coffee.

My earlier HP smaller “hardened” 14" student laptop was $250 here new, and has tougher hinges, USB ports, bumper, etc. Going strong after five years, helped me to generate $125K and still in use.

Now my current “snail” is helping with a bigger screen.

I think it is important to know HOW people use their stuff when they comment. An avid gamer has a whole different set of criteria. Same with video production or CAD.

In my upcoming podcasting how-to audiobook I warn that reviews of mics and mixers will vary dramatically between musicians and those doing voice work. They often have different needs.

If people can mention WHY they find a laptop slow for their needs, it would be helpful.

2 Likes

Is there any way to deactivate S-mode? Never heard of it before.

It looks like there is: Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

1 Like

Looks like an economical choice for a grade school student.

…cephalopod gastropod…

This isn’t a hot rod, but who needs one to check email and surf the interwebs. Add a 8gb RAM card ($20) and it’s a competent machine (there are videos that show exactly how to do this if you are a handy DIY’er). You can also upgrade the hard drive while you have it popped open. (Great to learn PC repair and upgrades on this machine.) I bought the lavender machine and it has a finger print reader that isn’t mentioned. Also, you can move out of Win11 S mode, but if you need software not in the Windows store you probably want a more powerful machine anyway. Win11 S mode will help keep you safe from malicious software download installs.