HP 17.3" Quad-Core i7 Laptop

This has 2 hard drive bays?

I would get this with my Tax refund, however it is going on the fence I’m building. So I’m kind of on the fence on this LOL…

Yea figured it was somewhere, using iPhone app, apparently likes to leave details out…

No Blu-Ray at this price for a refurb???

Other than that, as much as I dislike HP products in general, I’d get this as I need something like this at home… But without the Blu-Ray, just can’t…

Yes it does. If you choose to install an SSD. Clone your hard drive, then install the SSD in the same bay as the Hard Drive and move the hard drive to the second bay. This is the only way I know of to get the machine to boot into the SSD.

They give you some beefy hardware in terms of CPU and RAM for the price but I’d be wary of refurbs from HP. Everyone I’ve known that owned an HP laptop has had one thing or another fail on them.

Yes, as mentioned above. Cage and cable from Newmodus for about $40. Easy install, took me about 5 minutes to add my SSD.

That’s awesome that it has 2 bays. Now if they would have put a blu-ray burner in it you would have a great video editing workstation. I guess I could add it after market or just through the USB 3.0

I did swap my configuration (SSD in the spot the 1TB was, 1TB to 2nd bay), but I did not clone the 1TB drive. I simply went into BIOS, chose CD rom as 1st boot device, and booted into my Win 7 disk. Clean install on the SSD. While in the Win7 disk setup, I deleted the MBR, recovery, etc from the 1TB drive so there would be no confusion when the system rebooted. All the drivers are on the 1TB drive in a folder called SW Setup. After all the drivers were installed, I copied the SW setup to an external drive, wiped the remaining partitions on the 1TB using Disk Management, and recreated a single partition drive on the 1TB,

without blu-ray this is at least $150 dollars to much for a woot off deal. It is still a good deal but I expect more from woot off deals.

I like mine, bought a few weeks ago. Did have a DV8000 that was never well built, had to fix a broken hinge and routinely disassemble / reassemble it to cure connection issues. This one doesn’t seem like a sturdy chassis but is beautiful to look at, the backlit keyboard is great and it’s FAST. I’m def getting the squaretrade ext. warr.

Bought this for my wife last time it was on. For her needs and the proprietary software tools we use, this thing is PERFECT and she loves it. Best Buy sells this exact same unit (refurb and all) for $750. The one we got looked brand new. Very happy with it. For the specs, it’s a great deal. I don’t know why people expect a computer with these specs for “hundreds less.” You aren’t going to find it.

I have only had good experiences with HP laptops. Basically most laptops are made by the same OEM manufacturers in Asia, so reliability is similar across the board.

I am so sorry I purchased this laptop. When I recieved it, the touchpad did not work. Then I hook up an external mouse and it does the same thing…so looks like a bad motherboard…HP support stinks…Now I have to send it in and wont get it back for up to 20 days!!! I sure could have spent $600.00 elsewhere…