HP 17.3" Full HD i7 TouchSmart Laptop

…as was Vista.

Don’t listen to this guy. He seems to be stuck in the early to mid 00s.

My last two laptops have been HP Envys running Windows 7 and Windows 8. My next laptop will be an Envy. I’m not claiming Windows is for everyone, but I’ve had no fewer problems with my last few Macs, they crash, too.

So what is the deal with woot and tax now-a-days? Seem to have noticed it showing up on my recent purchases here. I saw a post regarding the topic here earlier, but it seems to have been “cleaned”. I was in for $699, but for $745, I will likely leave this refurb in my shopping cart and just wait for cyber-Monday.

The specification omitted to note that although it is dressed up like a PowerBook that it is still just a windows. I guess this is what constitutes a poor man’s mac

Boo… want a Mac, get a Mac. Pretty clear it is Windows from the big picture of Win8 in the description…

Cant get it to go through I am being denied anyone else? Tried 2 cards and called CC

I got this exact laptop last time it was on Woot. When I first turned it on a pop-up from HP loaded offering their 2 year accident/warranty product for 25% off. I clicked it and saw that it was already on sale so when all was said and done I got a 2 year accidental damage policy with 3 day on site repair for 84.95 I called and activated it yesterday with no issues got full protection for two years now. This laptop is the best computer I have ever used

What a troll is obvious it’s not a mac. Does apple have the exclusive right to manufacture a metal laptop?

Yes I dislike the tax too but after Woot was bought by Amazon everything changed. Amazon now has a presence in a lot of states and agreements with others. You, like me, live in one of those states.

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. If at all possible, can you take a screen shot of the error you’re receiving? If you’re able to, please feel free to PM me or email Woot Member services with the screen shot so we can investigate if it’s something with the site or not. support@woot.com

I bought the same model last time from woot, and found a serious wife issue. It disconnected from wife from time to time (almost each half hour), and called HP and could not fix it. So just returned it. Did anyone had the same issue. Really like this model but afraid would face the same problem again.

Last time I bought the same model from Woot but had a wifi issue. It disconnected from wifi automatically like each 30 minutes and I called HP, tried everything (update Bias, wifi driver…) but could not fix it, so returned it in the end. The wifi is ok for yours?

I hope you mean Wi-Fi? I’m not sure HP is the right place to go with wife problems. :slight_smile:

Sorry you had trouble with the laptop though, that’s a bummer.

I had the same problem where wifi would just stop. Other computers on my home network had no problems with wifi connectivity. After googling this model, I found others that had the same issue. I believe I did what you did. Ran all the hp updates (including a wifi update from August 2013) and windows updates. I made one other change. In the system event log, there was a message that seemed to occur when the wifi cut out, “Error 8003. Master browser has received …”. Another laptop on my network is the master browser. I turned off the Computer Browser service on this new laptop. After doing all three things, the wifi on this new hp laptop has been stable. Successfully watched several episodes of Homeland with no interruption. It was maddening, I was ready to drop the laptop out of a 2nd story window.

Thank you
Ordered one will provide feedback

Anyone else still waiting on their order to ship?

Usually shipping can take 3-5 business days from the sale (in most cases it’s actually quicker than that).
I would recommend that if you don’t see any activity on your tracking info by tomorrow to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They’ll be able to help answer any questions you have about your order.

Mine still says “waiting to ship” or whatever, but it came in the mail yesterday. I’m typing on it now!

Maybe yours will come today or early next week? (Depending on where you live…)

For those that purchased this… mine too said “waiting to ship” but I came home from work on Monday and it was sitting at my door.

Mine shipped with a bad charger (IE, it does not charge). After about an hour on chat support last night, they are sending me a new one.

Also, if you would like to delete the current Windows 8 with the pre-installed software and replace it with a clean version of Windows 8, you’ll need to download the 915440.iso. Or, if you want to install it on an SSD you’ll need this iso.

Put this into Google and you should find a place to download the iso
?intitle:index.of? en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso

I used that image to install it on an SSD and it is much faster.

Hey all, I’m trying to see I can find the right people to poke to find out about the tracking info.