HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops
Price: $369.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Dec 22 to Monday, Dec 25) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](HP - Google Shopping 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/22/2017 - $399.99
6/20/2017 - $399.99 - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)
6/20/2017 - $399.99 - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)

6/6/2017 - $399.99 (Woot Plus)

Bought one of these 1TB but otherwise looks just the same earlier this year. Worst Woot purchase ever. Sluggish, bulky and takes forever to start up. If it comes to using this, a PC, a phone or a tablet the laptop is last on my list. Mostly just takes up too much space in a drawer. I had high hopes but this didn’t do a good job replacing my 7+ year old Toshiba laptop.

That CPU (N3710), 4GB RAM and 5400RPM hard drive all contribute to this. That CPU performs way below even a 2nd gen i5.

Wonder if dropping another 4GB memory in it would pep it up a bit. Memory should be ~30-40$

What’s the difference between refurbished and factory recondition?

One as opposed to two words to tell you someone else returned it and it’s probably going to die soon.

I bought one of these with the same specs except it has 8GB of ram and it’s nothing more than a functional web surfing machine. Woot has all kinds of similar hp laptops with better and worse specs. I’d search through what they have before just settling for this item.

Agree, and if all you’re gonna do is surf the web, skip this and get a chromebook. The CPU is something you shouldn’t scrimp on. I only buy intel i7’s.

Someone explain, how did Intel succeed in making a quad core CPU so friggin’ slow? Are these just bad silicon that Intel was reluctant to throw away?

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

This thing is trash

A “refurbished” item could be refurbished by anyone, including Joe Schmoe eBay seller. “Factory Reconditioned” usually means that the item was returned to the manufacturer and put through the same quality testing as their new models. “FR” items often come w/ the same or similar warranty as the new item, but “Refurbished” items usually don’t.

The CPU is still going to be a hindrance at startup, but if you don’t run a lot of CPU intensive programs you should be fine. I’d upgrade the RAM to 2 8GB dimms though. If you shop around you can do that for under $60.

Regardless, this thing is never gonna be peppy.

Would it be worth getting for a parent with bad eyesight? In her case, I think the low-resolution display is actually a benefit since she needs large text and Windows scaling can be finicky (plus her eyesight is so bad she won’t be able to tell the difference between 720p and 4K), and I would think that a low-power CPU is adequate for web browsing, video streaming, and MS Office. And of course I’d swap out the HDD for a SSD (she doesn’t really need more than 128 GB). My concerns are the build quality (will it die in a year or two?), weight, and viewing angles (doesn’t say whether it’s IPS or TN).

A bit more detail would help other wooters.

Agreed, A second gen I5 laptop with a I5-2520m is almost twice as powerful as the N3710 (similar to atom architecture) processor in this laptop. This laptop is overpriced by about $75-$100. If you purchase this, you will want to install an SSD right away to make it somewhat usable. It does look fairly easy to get to based on the manual. This is a better buy for $399, although it’s 15" and has a crappy 1366x768 resolution, the pixel density is about the same as a 17" with 1600x900- so that’s really a wash. HP 15-bs016 15.6" Notebook, i5-7200U 3.10GHz Dual-Core, 1TB, 8GB RAM, 802.11b/g/n, BT, Windows 10 But for $30 more you get double the RAM, way better CPU I5-7200U and better Intel® HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics.

Does this help?

When this many posts are negative, that speaks a metric ton. Slow computers are something we should not be mentioning, as we’re approaching the year 2020.
Reality, if one voluntarily chose to purchase a slow computing device, this laptop should sell in the range of $50 - $100 depending on the software. $400 after tax and license is living in the Windows 98 world.

Would rather purchase an AMD A10 laptop than a quad-core Atom. Oh wait! I did!