HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops

Hi, frozengreenblob –

I’ve owned several Factory Reconditioned HP 17" laptops over the years, and I’ve found them to be good value for basic daily tasks. The screen size is a boon for low vision users; even setting MS IE to 150% zoom or more, there’s still lots of visible content without scrolling in all directions. (And the screen is so large, viewing angle isn’t an issue. It looks like a widescreen TV from a desk chair.) As for durability, they’ve lasted long enough that the innards became outdated before they’ve died, but note that I don’t move them around much. They’re more stowable desktops than mobile laptops for me. The weight is considerable, and the closed case is an awkward size and somewhat slippery, so I’ve never considered carrying them around except for some special purpose. For this particular machine, I’d be wary about replacing so many pieces to make it useful right away that I’ve jumped into another price range where better ones can be found off-the-shelf. But perhaps you have a good parts boneyard. All best wishes for the holidays – MHLD

But if you put an SSD in there also and move the OS to it, it would come close.

No… Why are you wasting yours and our time ?

Besides, you just wasted our time by replying it it. :tongue:

Everyone please be aware, I have bought 2 “factory reconditioned” computers from woot and while they work fine and haven’t disappointed in that respect. They DO NOT come with a full functioning and registered copy of windows on them. That being the case, they are functional but you CANNOT personalize the OS until you purchase a registration key from Windows, so be sure to take that $100 cost into consideration before making your purchase. Also, beware, I have tried to address this with Woot via customer support but have never received any sort of response.

Not true.

First, we get our computers from a few different sources so there are differences from sale to sale.

Some computers will be sold with an upgraded OS from what they originally shipped with.

Starting with Windows 8, the OS key is stored in BIOS so older stickers on the computer won’t work.

If you need help with the key, contact the company that holds the warranty and they can help you.

Don’t be so negative and enjoy the other cool things for sale, that’s why I come here. Think about the fun you can have with this endoscope:

Not sure if this is the case for all refurbished/factory recondition items. I purchased a factory reconditioned/refurbished HP Omen gaming laptop with 4k Display and Nvidia 1070 from some Woots ago.
Never had any issue with OS.
HP also upgraded my warranty (came with one year warranty when purchased) for 2 more years with LoJack and accidental damage for $120.

I googled this CPU and an i3 5th generation beat it in comparison in January 2016. The CPU was considered old then.
Someone said they would add 2 8 GB memory modules but the max is 8 GB total for this CPU, you can add 16 on the i3. My reference came from http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-N3710-vs-Intel-Core-i3-5005U

From what I see, 8 GB is the max total that this CPU will except. See: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-N3710-vs-Intel-Core-i3-5005U