HP 17.3" Quad-Core Laptop

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP 17.3" Quad-Core Laptop
$369.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Won’t ever buy a HP laptop :slight_smile:

Are they ever going to do a BOC on their web site again or will they just be done on social media?

Wow, I could buy FOUR of these for the price of one of the Alienwares on tech.woot.

No spies from the Woot Bee Oh Cee decision making committee have reported in yet, so I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.

And all four would probably die long before the Alienware would.

I’m not on that committee (really I’m not), but I can offer this lovely basket of corgis:

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4179/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4179-30517.jpg

I have been waiting this entire WootOff for the refurbished bacon products, but haven’t seen any yet.

HEY! I’m posting from a…oh…nevermind…it’s a Compaq. We’re good.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f2/660739d1332544793-why-rolex-seen-snobbish-some-yet-ive-never-heard-comment-about-omega-thumbsup.png

I own a similar laptop by HP and while I cannot comment on this one, I wanted to say something about HP laptops in general. HP laptops are dull, they lack innovation and Beats Audio is not what they make it out to be. Overall, unimpressive. Having said that, I haven’t had any technical issues except that the display was not very brilliant out of the box. They lack something that the Vaio’s and Samsung displays have…rich, vibrant color.

Won’t buy an HP laptop but would buy a desktop…

woah woah woah, what do you have against hp computers? hp computers are by far one of the better brands out there. Its just that people alot of times dont know what they are buying, such that they get crap amd processors which overheat if they dont take care of them and thus break down. obviously if you get something like this g7 its not gonna last as long as a more expensive dell or mac product. Cause your not paying for it! rofl. Get a HP envy 14, 15, or 17 series. My laptop beats a good 60% of desktops in every category

Maybe after all the bacon, this is a laptop. Otherwise, these 17 inch monsters are usually categorized as ‘Desktop Replacements’.

Bacon on, feel the sizzle.

buy it, buy it now.

The last two HP/Compaq computers my parents bought died within 3 or 4 years. My mom’s desktop computer simply stopped working. The built-in wireless of my dad’s laptop died twice (first time HP fixed it free) and finally the whole laptop died.

Meanwhile an old Dell laptop I bought back in 2004 still works great.

I wouldn’t recommend HP as they basically use the cheapest parts and do no QC testing on their products. That’s why their prices are so low.

Corgy’s always look sad to me.

Thumbs down. I have an envy 17 with an intel processor and (speaking of bacon) gets so hot that you can fry some. I have to constantly have supplemental coolers running. Even the Vaio’s are better than these.

My wife had an HP laptop that I bought her during a Black Friday Sale at BB many years ago. She used it until some of the keys were missing, and I still had to beg her to let me buy her a new one. Got her a new one this past fall, and our 10 year old son is still playing with hers. This thing is at least 7 years old, running Windows XP, and still going strong.

My HP/Compaq is still alive and kicking from 2005.