HP 17.3" Quad-Core Laptop

Better screen resolution than the standard 1366x768 I seem to see all over the place these days.

amazing laptop for this price but i’m wary about it being refurbished

Should be at least $100 less considering it’s a refurbished laptop. I’d avoid this.

1600x900 is the standard, most common resolution for a 17" laptop.

too bad it doesn’t have the 1080p screen they offer. I’ve got two laptops with it, and it hurts my eyes to use anything else now.

Should update the shipping info. Shipping lithium batteries to APO/FPO is authorized again as of 15 Nov. http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_128.htm

There’s still some red tape we have to jump through to get that restarted. It also depends on the country they’re being sent to. We’re working on it.

Well that’s just a total bummer. Good to know though, thanks for the info.

bought this laptop from walmart.com (yes refurbed) a year ago. still going strong. just purchased another refurb in July for the kid… we both love it

This laptop has the previous generation A8 chips. The new chips are A10 chips with significant improvements.

Am typing from this model lappy. Love mine and haven’t had any problems with it. This is my 2nd refurbed laptop purchased via Woot. Other one is still working although it needs a new battery due to a damaged power cord not charging it properly.

It all depends on who does the refurbishing. For instance a refurb by Apple is nearly as good as the original. Other refurbs are horrible, so you have to see which company is doing the refurbishing on it.

Wrong !

I see you’re a man of your word.

I bought it for $529 a month ago when it had 8 gig of ram and a Blu ray drive. I set it up to replace my office desktop and the office desktop died 5 days later (motherboard or power supply, I haven’t looked back). Thanks Woot!

Yes your wrong…I bought 5, 17" laptops in the past 2 weeks and 3 of them are 1080p and the lower end ones are 1600x900 so get with the times :slight_smile:

Not so. The article cited above was based on old information. The USPS announced on November 16th it will immediately accept shipments to APO and FPO worldwide. Only Germany has informed the USPS it will not allow lithium batteries in shipments via THEIR post office, but APO, FPO and DPO addresses in Germany are OK since they are handled only by the USPS and US Military Postal personnel. They are not sent on commercial airlines so that is not an issue. (I am a USPS insider so this is gospel.)

Whoever wrote that article 5 days ago is not citing the CURRENT policy which the USPS is making well known since we are approaching the cutoff for ground transport to AFO and FPO shipments. Air shipments still have a couple weeks, and they go on military aircraft.

From the USPS Web site on the matter:
http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2012/pr12_ma1116.htm

"The postal operator of Germany has notified the Postal Service it will not accept packages containing lithium metal or lithium-ion batteries destined to addresses in Germany.
“This does not apply to shipments to and from APO (Army Post Office), FPO (Fleet Post Office) and DPO (Diplomatic Post Office) locations in Germany.”

Good to know. We still haven’t cleared things from our end but hopefully we will get things going soon.

No- you are wrong. nanaejt is correct that most 17-17.3 inch laptops are still 1600X900. If you look at all of the current models on Newegg for 17-17.3 inch laptops- there are a total of 167. Of these 167, only 52 (31%) are 1080P, the rest are 1600x900. As the panels become cheaper to make these will continue to shift towards 1080P, and at some point it will become the predominant resolution- but currently 1600x900 reigns supreme.