HP 17.3" Touchscreen Quad-Core Laptops

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Refurbished covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

We can’t give a model number because it can be a mix of models. The specs are as listed though.

Any insight into battery life?

I have seen some comments about sensitivity of touchpad.

Anybody have experience with this?

I have the non-touch screen model. Mine has 2 drive bays and I put an SSD in for booting. Made a huge difference. I can’t find out if this model allows 2 drives or not.

My laptop has the 35W processor and this one is only 15W so should run cooler with slightly slower graphics. It’s not a gaming laptop but it’s not low end. Perfect for work, internet, etc.

how is this compared to the pricier HP Touch’s with the Haswell core i7 recently sold here?

Does this laptop have an installed webcam?

Does this come with trial virus software?

Duh - yes I can read and yes on the webcam

How would this laptop handle hard photoshop work and light After effects/Cinema 4D work? I have my desktop for my main powerhouse and rendering when I’m home, though I’m looking for an affordable laptop so i can work on the go and render at home later. the 8gb ram is a good start, though its hard to find an affordable laptop with a dedicated GFX card without spending a good grand or close to it…