HP 17.3” Triple Core Laptop with HD LED Display & Blu-ray

This is actually a pretty dern decent laptop.

I would recommend.

What is with all these 17" laptops with sucky 1600x900 resolution? Is the new standard or something, or are these made special for wootazon?

without a bluray, even with a slower CPU, you’re basically getting behind the curve IMO

Also, who cares how big a Hard Drive is anymore. I’d take a 80gb Solid State over any size you could give me.

THese are always so tempting - but battery life and weight are the killers. 8+ lbs! Sigh

Yes, the reader is SDHC. I bought mine new last fall for about $700. I love it.

Oh, and the HDMI does carry sound. When you plug in a monitor, the PC sees another sound output device, but you have to manually switch over to it, or it will keep using your internal speakers.

The fan does run a lot when it is plugged in, and is a little bit loud.

Hp will sell these POS for 100 bucks soon, Cant play dues ex who gives a flying ponie

well, that would only leave you with around 50gb left after programs are installed.

Not worth it.

Does it work underwater?

I’d call this a pretty good deal if it weren’t an HP.

Thanks! Time to mull this over for a few minutes now.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP 17.3" Triple Core Laptop with HD LED Display & Blu-ray
$499.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Yes, but not for very long.

uhh… how is that not worth it? Your music and video files don’t exactly need to be read that fast off an external hard drive…

I bought a similar one in a woot off a few months ago. As far as the Beats Audio is concerned it sucks unless you are listening through head phones, in which case it is awesome. The HDMI is audio and visual. Over all I love it, although there have been a few issues with over heating since I got it. I bought a cooling pad and it solved that problem right away.

Clarification please - funny comments say BluRay RW, specs say BluRay ROM. Which is it? Pretty big difference!

A “9 call battery” huh…yeah, that is about what my phone gets anymore so it must be about average…

Pretty sure its just a rom and cannot burn the actual disc.

Triple Core… that’s just odd

Quad core that failed testing

What ?