HP 17" Full-HD Intel i5 Quad-Core Laptop

HP 17" Full-HD Intel i5 Quad-Core Laptop

Cannot go wrong with this if it’s in your budget powerful with all the important bells and whistles that matter I’ve recommended similar devices to friends and all are happy fast and pretty future-proof if I was in the market this would be high on my list just remove the typical HP bloat ware

1 Like

it’s only $50 more new w/ longer warranty at Costco if you are a member

4 Likes

Would really be fast and future proof if it had SSD instead of 5400 RPM drive.

SSD are pretty cheap these days, NVME drives also, you can drop a 256gb nvme drive in there for 200 bucks

HP URL for Manuals, drivers etc. https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-17-by3000-laptop-pc-series/32796716/model/34370392 The 10-gen, 4-core i5 processor has 8 threads, equivalent to an 8-core processor. In the current world of laptops, the potentail negatives are that it has a SATA disc, which can be replaced with a SATA ssd (not an M.2 PCI SSD which could be faster). A 1TB SATA SDD will run about 4100-110, for name brand, like Samsung evo 860-970. The memory is 12GB, might be possible to up it to 16GB, but 12 Gig is very good. And finally, it has a 1080p display, 4k would be better, but either way, 17" is a great size. It has a DVD drive, you will rarely use these days. You can find kits to replace a media drive with a second HD or sata. All-in-all, this is a great value and will be excellent for older eyes and glasses that just don’t focus on small type and laptop distance…

I’m in the market, and this is tempting, but yes, the Costco price is only $50.00 more for new, with a 2nd year warranty, instead of 90 days.

1 Like

Is this the model with the LCD panel problems???