HP 17" Full-HD Intel i5 Quad-Core Laptop

HP 17" Full-HD Intel i5 Quad-Core Laptop

The specs mention a dvd writer but the pictures don’t show an optical drive. Does this have an optical drive?

A Sharpie. It includes a Sharpie so you can write on the DVDs you burn with your other, better laptop.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same. Even weirder is the HP product page also says it has a DVD drive and there is no sign of one in any picture there either.

Edit: I found this model on Amazon and there are pictures of it with a DVD in the blank spot on the right hand side.

You can get this laptop new @ Costco for $50.00 more new. It’s also odd how HP does 12 Gigs Ram while others do 16 gigs. Two sticks of 8 gigs *2=16 gigs. Costco one also has the DVD Drive.

1 Like

It’s likely 16Gb RAM with 2 shared out to video. We use another variant of these at work and they are not very durable compared to the old ProBook line. I’d pass.

The photo is incorrect. HP sells hundreds of laptop configurations so they get very specific about the product number. Here are the product number specs according to HP:

Product number 1G136UA
Product name HP Laptop - 17-by3053cl
Microprocessor Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 (1.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
Memory, standard 12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
Video graphics Intel® UHD Graphics
Hard drive 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
Optical drive DVD-Writer
Display 17.3" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
Wireless connectivity Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
Network interface Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
Expansion slots 1 multi-format SD media card reader
External ports 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H) 41.48 x 27.22 x 2.45 cm
Weight 2.46 kg
Power supply type 45 W Smart AC power adapter
Battery type 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion
Battery life mixed usage Up to 8 hours
Video Playback Battery life Up to 6 hours and 30 minutes
Webcam HP TrueVision HD camera with integrated digital microphone
Audio features Stereo speakers

Software

Operating system Windows 10 Home 64
HP apps HP Connection Optimizer; HP Audio Switch; HP BIOS Protection; HP Games by WildTangent; HP JumpStart; HP Support Assistant
Software included McAfee LiveSafe™
Pre-installed software Netflix; DVD Playback
3 Likes

Also, with HP, “factory reconditioned” usually means brand new reboxed in a plain brown shipping box instead of a fancy retail box with pretty pictures. But it only comes with a 90 day warranty. So you’re selling back 9 months of factory warranty to HP in exchange for a lower price. Usually it’s a good deal since it’s likely to be OK after 90 days. But this is clearly a bargain basement machine so it might last 3 days or 3 years.

3 Likes

If only it had an SSD, not a HDD. Come on people, this is the end of 2020! SSD only! Meanwhile, under the computers tab, there is a 15" model with an SSD. No optical drive, but those are cheap.

3 Likes

I can only tell you that the $259 “factory refurb” HP I just got came with a DVD drive, even though it was not mentioned in the specs nor shown in the photo. I was pleased!

$550.00 at Costco gets you a new one and not a Refurb.

3 Likes

I don’t know why anyone would buy a laptop with a spinning hard drive these days, unless they had an SSD laying around that they could install.

2 Likes

What’s HP doing with HDDs still?

1 Like

We can confirm this model does come with a DVD drive. Unfortunately, the official images we received from HP do not show it. Sorry for the confusion.

Costco also doubles (to 2 years) the warranty. So, new with a 2 year warranty for another 50 bucks? Yeah, that’s the better deal.

muy buena calidad

If the thing REALLY weighs 9 metric tonnes as the ad claims, does the delivery service bring it into the house and put it on my desk? If my desk (and or floor) collapse, is this covered as part of the warranty?

How many of us belong to Costco. Unless it ass wipe or wine , there prices , I was in with a friend as a guest in Burnsville mn, I am a former retail manger for a camera/TV/scopes/printers. There prices are not that great compared to the rest if the Electronics world. Personally the 17 in HD screen is what would sell me, and the DVD player/writter. Anyway you look at it, not the worst deal most of use have seen. I just gave no experience with HP laptops since Compact took over that part if the company