HP 21" Full HD LED Monitor

HP 21" Full HD LED Monitor

TN panel not IPS and no HDMI, this is a joke. Atleast IPS and HDMI should be there in a monitor in 2020.

It’s $50.

6 Likes

Agreed, wmoyer650.

For $50, and a 21", DVI-D is just fine.

Ridiculous comment, aviseqdas.

4 Likes

I picked up one of these when they were on Woot clearance 2-3 weeks ago.

The specs don’t lie - “Viewing Angle: 90/65” - which I did not notice when I bought it. Viewing angles are not very good, on par with 2000s era monitors. Definitely don’t expect to use this vertically, and it’s not great for movie watching or anything where’d you want consistent color representation top-to-bottom of the screen. I’m using it as an additional monitor for office work, and it does the job well at a great price.

For $50 it’s really hard to complain. I also bought one when it was on Woot a few weeks ago as a spare. Almost immediately had to roll that and a 20" into work from home monitors. Had to color calibrate and then it still looked different enough from the 20" I just bought another one for consistency (the 20 was a $40 refurb so I suspect this 21 is the better monitor). Only real issue is that this monitor has a little higher resolution than I’d like in a 21…better for at 23…but for $50 it’s working fine at home and when things are back to normal I will use them as client spares. Shipping was pretty quick and the packaging was factory and the monitor looked great coming out of the box.
Edit- 2nd one came in today and work from home is much happier with 2 of the same monitors side by side

For all who do not know the only difference between HDMI and DVI is that DVI does not carry audio.