HP 210-G1 11" Intel 320GB Touch Notebook

What kind of shape will these be in?

Will they appear new in box to fool a tween who still believes?

To those who have bought woot refurbished before: what kind of condition should I expect this to be in?

Particularly the battery. Do they test or replace it, or am I taking a chance on whether the thing can hold a charge?

Any idea if this is a good laptop, I wanted to buy this for my 13 yr old that will be watching movies on it…

Is this good for watching movies?

Screw it. Took a shot for under $200.

Hopefully, it looks new.

I have bought both a refurbished HP desktop and a HP laptop over the last year. Both items came as if they were new.
I wouldn’t worry.

Not this model, or even this year, but my experience on buying refurbs from HP has been really negative. I keep buying them because they’re the cheapest, and I keep figuring out why.

Screens, touchpads, and other hardware parts going in-and-out without cause or warning has been my history with them.

The price on this is really attractive, so this may be a good buy for someone that doesn’t know if they want a notebook. If you do, you can buy a real one later. if you don’t, you did’t waste too much coin.

I bought one of these new several (5?) years ago for $299. It still keeps chugging along. Never used the touch screen much, but now that I use a tablet more, I use it on the HP a bit more. Got knocked off my desk to an uncarpeted office floor and took a corner out, but it still worked.

Mine was Windows 8 with the free upgrade to 10.

Not the most exciting laptop I’ve used, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

Black Friday deals are only two weeks from today.

I have had mixed experiences with “refurbs” from Woot. Almost unanimously excellent, but one laptop looked like it had been drug down a sidewalk on a chain.

Who services the warranty on woot refubs?

EDIT: nevermind, I see that it’s “Advanced Skyline Technology”, whoever that is.

Did you remain at 4GB RAM or upgrade to 8GB? I’m curious whether the performance is significantly better with increased memory.

Not to burst the bubble. But if you want to give this pc a shot… its on Amazon right now for 89.99. Same model.

[VMod edit: Used, not a refurb, and not of the same specs.]

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

How about a link?

Not that I can find…need link.

https://smile.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-i3-i3-4010U-Professional-Notebook/dp/B01KUV2GRI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1510329958&sr=8-23&keywords=HP+210-g1

It is a used one.

Used, not a touch screen, Windows 7, no warranty, and seller has a 82% rating.

So not the same.

I’m going to wait until “Black Friday” and look for deals then

For anyone curious about benchmarks:
PassMark CPU Mark: 2445
PassMark G3D Mark: 561

And here’s a link to the Maintenance and Service Manual for those looking to tinker.

For a daily-driver laptop, this machine will serve just fine, and at this price, it’s a great upgradeable alternative to a Chromebook or one of the low-end Windows 10 laptops with eMMC drives and soldered RAM.

It only has a single RAM slot, but it is upgradeable to 8GB. Plop a budget SSD into this machine to replace the pokey hard drive, and you’d have a speedy little daily-driver.