HP 210-G1 11" Intel 320GB Touch Notebook

Used, not a touch screen, Windows 7, no warranty, and seller has a 82% rating.

So not the same.

I’m going to wait until “Black Friday” and look for deals then

For anyone curious about benchmarks:
PassMark CPU Mark: 2445
PassMark G3D Mark: 561

And here’s a link to the Maintenance and Service Manual for those looking to tinker.

For a daily-driver laptop, this machine will serve just fine, and at this price, it’s a great upgradeable alternative to a Chromebook or one of the low-end Windows 10 laptops with eMMC drives and soldered RAM.

It only has a single RAM slot, but it is upgradeable to 8GB. Plop a budget SSD into this machine to replace the pokey hard drive, and you’d have a speedy little daily-driver.

I bought a similar Lenovo with 4gb RAM and 128gb SSD, I like it. I wonder if a touchscreen would slow this laptop down.

How do you tell if it’s 204 or 240 pin? Just open it up and compare?

This laptop uses DDR3 Low Voltage (DDR3L) RAM SODIMM’s, which are generally the 204-pin variety. The specific 8GB RAM spare part listed in the service manual is this one on Amazon, but any 2GB, 4GB or 8GB DDR3L SODIMM should work.

I purchased a “refurbished” Lenovo M72Z computer this week from Woot. I received it today. I will never by another “refurbished” product from Woot. Here are my comments on that deal:

Lot’s of issues: 1. What is pictured is not what you get!!! 2. I did not receive a power cord, keyboard or mouse. 3. In the actual model shipped, the computer/display sits on a post which slides up and down into the base. The plastic ring which sits around the post is broken. Possibly due to shipping. 4. You can hear the hard drive, so it’s not likely a very good one. 5. Cosmetically, I would say that this one is in “fair” condition. Quite a few noticeable scratches in the plastic and lots of dust. It looks like it’s had some hard use.

Bottom line - This looks like it was sold by some second or third tier ebay website, not from Woot. I will not purchase another refurbished item from Woot and I suggest that you don’t either.

[VMod edit: :frowning: – but that’s a way different product than what’s offered here. You’ve been replied to in the respective product thread already.]

To whoever Vmod is, if there is a story in defense of Woot why don’t you share it?

Bought my HP desktop off woot almost 4 years ago. Came with everything (except monitor) and have loved it since day one! Refurbished–couldn’t tell, like new. It may have been one of those old “sponsored” deals, can’t remember. I’m sure it’s not good enough for the speed-boy gamers, but I can actually play some cool games and the graphics are fine on med resolution. I’m just looking back at my “stuff I bought” list and wow, am very happy with almost everything. Last big thing was an Amazon fire, the good one, so glad I sprung for that to replace the Galaxy note 4 that had aged a bit. The fire too was new or couldn’t tell it was ever even used. So please take up your problems with cust service, don’t discourage others from cutting some good deals here.

Never gave it much thought, as it worked well enough for my needs. I do have a desktop PC with 8GB and it is faster, using the same apps.

just received mine and I’ve gotta ask: what exactly is the difference between used and refurb? mine has clearly seen a lot…

Used is sold as is.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

I’ve always thought so too, but I’ve never received a refurb as “well-travelled” as this one.

If you’re unhappy with it, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance. They may have some options.