HP 27" 1080p Quad-Core i5 AIO w/ Blu-ray

That seems like a rather self-fulfilling prophecy.

“Putting dinner on plates makes it too hard to eat because I put the plates in the middle of the table instead of where I can reach them. It’s far easier to just slop the food onto the edges of the table.”

not quite, your average computer monitor is not 27 inches. i have an even bigger 30" dell ultrasharp and i can tell you that if you have it anywhere close to your face enough to conveniently swipe the screen, the view gets nauseating.

so in your example, it’s more like putting your food in a laundry bin and setting that in front of you. i wouldn’t imagine that being convenient and you’d probably need to sit higher and use a very long ladle.

also, screens can never be too big. ever. if i had more deskspace i’d vouch for multi-displaying 3x30" monitors. 27" is gigantic as is if you’re used to the average screen-size of 21~23." i’ve never seen an AiO with a display this large before. i’m actually GLAD it’s not touch-screen. can anyone say perfect AiO media center solution?

Buying and upgrading an AIO, even with an MXM card, is not a simple DIY project like swapping the video card on a traditional motherboard. If the kids want to play iOS-level games like Plants vs. Zombies, this machine is fine. Great CPU! If the kids are tugging at mom’s skirts for BF3 or other modern, 3D games a consumer would be well advised to look elsewhere.

Can it run two monitors?

I agree.
Recently bought the IBM M90z, here in woot, a few weeks ago.
It has touch screen, and I decided to upgrade to W8 using the $15 offer, since the AiO is touch screen it seems the right way to go.
W8 is really great, but I find myself using the touch screen so little, exactly because of that, the screen is to far from me, and having my arm extended for prolonged periods of time, is not comfortable at all.

I just bought a touch enabled Dell, 23" for my office a few months ago. It was $799.
Touchscreen never gets used.

Dell, 27" i5 Processor AiO Touch enabled starts… STARTS at $1,599.

This is not a bad deal.

Going to have to agree on this one.

I have an HP touchsmart IQ800 series. The touch screen has definitely been a novelty and I rarely use it for the following reasons:

1. it’s not reactive enough, slightly slower than using a mouse. This may have changed in their software.

2. I leave my computer on 24/7 with sleep mode, bugs and dust or what have you will turn this bastard on in the middle of the night (I’m in a studio, so it wakes me up)

3. It’s been handy ONCE when the batteries on the wireless keyboard gave out and my only input was the touch screen.

4. HP’s touchsmart bloat software is resource hungry and slow. Hopefully, they’ve fixed that. I NEVER use it.

5. having said all this, I’d upgrade to this model above in a heartbeat if I had the cash. Faster and 2 more inches…sold. I’d give up the touchscreen so fast. It was the size and lack of cords I signed up for when I bought mine.

I purchased this same computer from Sam’s Club for $999.99 about 4 weeks ago. My wife and 3 kids say it’s too big…but screw them, I LOVE IT!!!
Only complaint so far is that it won’t wake from sleep mode easily. Moving the mouse or hitting the keyboard repeatedly got frustrating,so I just leave it in screensaver mode all the time. I’m running at about 15mps on the wi-fi consistently, and so what if i can’t see the trees out my window because the frickin’ HUGE screen is blocking my view.

For what it’s worth, we’ve used HP All in ones before (ENVY model line) and we had NUMEROUS problems with it. We would lease them out to be registers at businesses and I dont think it was even 3 months before we started getting the “cash drawers wont open” calls, which turned out to be the USB ports just stopped working. A couple of times the screen turned dim and would not go back to the brightest setting, and other misc problems. Then when HP would send someone out to replace the whole board inside, they didnt put them back together correctly. (You could squeeze the monitor and it felt like the screws were loose, but they werent.) Not very fond of HP’s all in ones.

And as started above, the local Sams Clubs in the Kansas City area does sell these for $999.

This one isnt a touch screen, but it looks like they changed that out for a TV turner card for the home consumers.