HP 27" WQHD LED IPS Monitor

I’m unsure of if this is a v1 or v2 model, but tftCentral.co.uk has very in-depth reviews of both models:

Seems like a pretty decent screen, especially for wide-gamut uses. Calibration has to be done on the OS side though, since there is no OSD.

I disagree with this statement, as far as monitors of this type go, it has the lowest input lag and response time I have seen. That 12ms is a worst case, most reviews show that is beats out all the main competitors. It will never match a super fast TN panel for speed, but it also looks a hell of a lot better. I am using mine right now, I wish I had money to buy two more.

Anyone know if this is the v2 or the v1? If it is v2, then I will be in for one.

You are wrong, 12ms is just the delay for the screen itself, most monitors (including “gaming” monitors) have significant input lag on top of the delay for the screen itself, the 2740w has the lowest total lag (input+screen) of any 27" screen out there and is widely regarded as pretty good for gaming.

The problem for gamers is you need a graphics card powerful enough to push 2560x1440 @ 60fps which is about twice as demanding as 1080p@60.

I currently have one and I’m thinking about getting a second one, not sure about the dead pixel situation though since these are refurbs.

Hmm. Not a big fan of this brand. I prefer Famous Maker.

I’d also be in if it was v2. Are there any mods out there that can confirm what version it is? I guess they are v2 if they were made in 2012 or later.

I’m checking with our buyer. I’ll update you when I hear back.

they cant tell you for sure as these are refurbs. Meaning some of them might be v2 some v1.

And u musta meant seller…not buyer

No, I meant Woot’s buyer. He’s checking with the ‘seller’ or vendor to see if the info is available.

Any chance we will hear word in the last few minutes of the deal? I am strongly tempted, but I have the same reservations.

Agreed would be nice to have confirmation either way.

I’m trying to pull the trigger on one of these, but the “Add to Cart” button does nothing… There’s only 3 minutes left so I guess I’m going to miss out on this. :frowning:

We won’t hear back til morning at this point. Sorry we couldn’t get that info sooner.

I ended up pulling the trigger, but would still like to know this information if possible. Thanks for setting the timeline on hearing back, that’s helpful.

Should still hear back tomorrow, either way. I’ll update you with whatever I find out. :slight_smile:

I hopes its a v2

I wonder if the others are…

Mods, please any word on if they are all v2 or not, and if that would apply to the current moofi deal??

Jealous, mine haven’t even shipped yet. Still sitting at “shipping now”…

My understanding is they haven’t heard back from the buyer yet so they don’t have the information yet despite their best efforts to get it.

Got mine Friday. It is v2.

Still waiting for mine to ship :frowning:
I ordered two. I hope they match. Either both v1 or both v2.