HP 450 Intel Dual-Core Slimline Desktop

Check out the product page

More from NoteBookCheck

To put this in perspective, the j1800 has a passmark of 1025. This PC from Ebay HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF Desktop 3.00GHz Core 2 Duo E8400 4GB CD DVD RW is selling for $60 with free shipping. The Core 2 duo E8400 in that machine has a passmark of 2180 and that processor is about 8 years old now.It doesn’t have an OS or a HD but it does have a Windows 7 Pro COA Sticker. Add a 240 GB SSD (about $70), download W7 and for a total of about $130-$140 you’ll have a vintage computer that will trounce today’s HP 450 in terms of performance because it will have a processor that is twice as powerful, along with an SSD drive that performs about 10x faster than the HDD in today’s woot. And- you even have the option to add discreet graphics card to the vintage Ebay computer whereas today’s woot has no such option.

So will I be able to play Crysis on this?

You can barely play solitaire on this HP 450.

That bad?

Here is an I3 $99 + $25 shipping
This processor has roughly 3.5X the performance of today’s woot:

HP Elite 8200 SFF PC Desktop Intel Core i3 3.10GHz 4GB 250GB Windows 7 64 bits

What about like counter strike or older games for those of us that don’t want to buy off ebay?

Nothing wrong with machine you are showing but keep in mind that is an OFF LEASE or USED machine with who knows how many years on it that this person just cleaned up or repaired and comes with only 30 day warranty (and I am sure you will pay freight both ways) and no keyboard or mouse. You get what you pay for. :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with machine you are showing but keep in mind that is an OFF LEASE or USED machine with who knows how many years on it that this person just cleaned up or repaired and comes with NO warranty and no keyboard or mouse. You get what you pay for. A legit copy of Windows 10 itself will sell for over $100 and most people looking to spend $160 on a whole computer are not Geek enough to tear one apart, install a hard drive and then find a way to get a copy of Win 7 and install it along with the drivers this computer will need.

I get these things all the time. Generally if they work fine for the initial 30 days they’ll be good for at least 2-3 more years. They use pretty solid power supplies in most of those and hardware is pretty solid. I work in a Hospital where we switchout PCs and Laptops every 4-5 years, these things have plenty of life in them. I put SSD drives in these units and they will run anything from Windows 7 to a free update to Windows 10 with no problem. And you’re worried about a keyboard and mouse- the ones that come with pcs are usually junk. The specs of the woot HP 450 are not even comparable to machines that are 4-8 years old. There is a greater chance of the HP 450 becoming obsolete, because of lack of performance and no expansion possibilities, vs the hardware failing in the other machines I’ve mentioned. So I’ll take my chance on a used quality machine before I waste my money on something that is new and almost obsolete already. You get exactly what you pay for, but you just also have to understand what you’re buying.

This was $100 + $25 shipping. Operating system is all installed, nothing needs done. Legit Windows 7 64bit has the COA included. Windows 10 is a free upgrade if you want it.

HP Elite 8200 SFF PC Desktop Intel Core i3 3.10GHz 4GB 250GB Windows 7 64 bits

Ouch. You are misquoting me here and taking my comments from your other post of an HP 8000 Elite for $59.99 that came with NO hard drive or installed OS and attaching it to your other post of a machine that came with OS.

In that one I was more pointing out that the cost of what Woot is selling here in a whole computer is not much more than the cost of a standalone legit copy of Win 10 you are getting with it.

Yes this machine is slow, no it is not good for gaming, yes you need to look before you buy to make sure it will run the software/programs you need but it is still a inexpensive viable computer, with warranty and backed with tech support from HP and sales policies/returns from Woot. Not so with several year old machines off eBay. Most times when you see a large seller like Woot getting a hold of a large quantity of inexpensive desktops or laptops from HP or Acer they are not even refurbs but new, customer returns from from large sellers like Walmart, QVC or HSN or even just old stock that they mark as refurb so they can cut the expense of a full year of tech support/warranty and wholesale them off. Might not suit your needs/purposes or be your cup of tea but it does suit somebody’s. :wink:

It’s funny because you seem to pick and choose which post to respond to. You read the whole thread and saw that I did have an available option that had an installed OS yet you chose to respond to the post that was more a project (which for many of the people that post is not a difficult one- so a project appropriate for the audience). Did you ever think that the reason these PC’s (HP 450) don’t sell is because they are so poorly configured in the first place? As far as return policies, the Ebay links I gave you probably have better return policies than woot. With woot the only return they will accept is if the unit is defective, and even then they will try and ship you out a replacement instead of refunding your money. If you don’t like the product- you can’t return it to woot- there has to be something wrong. As far as tech support goes, when was the last time you’ve ever spoken to a tech support person that was actually helpful? They are real polite, and keep elevating your question because they can’t answer them- but in the end it’s all a waste of time.