HP 8” Digital Photo Frame

Because the frame would break and all those souls you’ve stolen with your camera will be free to return to their owners…and they’d probably be angry…

PDF Manual & Support page.

anyone know if these digital photo frames are meant to be kept on all the time? i had one that was on for several months and it just died…if they aren’t suppose to be on all of the time, shouldn’t they come with a timer for auto-on/off?

manual

quick setup

Sorry, this photo frame can only display hippo photos in 4:3, not glorious 16:9 widescreen HippoVision. I needed a new HV display, i suppose this one will do. I just worry that it may not display the highest quality 1080Hippo picture =(

Does anyone know of a digital photo frame than can also double as a secondary monitor? Do those even exist (yet)?

I wish the frame wasn’t black. I got an oak framed 14" one last XMas and it looked great on the oak meeting table in my office, but it was an off brand and didn’t work for very long. The black frame on this one is too thick and heavy looking for my decor. I suppose I could paint it but I suspect that would just look silly. I prefer the digital frames that try to look like photo frames rather than the ones that look like electronic devices like this one.

Do you have to re-size your pics to 800x600, or will it do it automatically?

Why did they pack so much cool technology into such an ugly frame? A digital frame is a decorative item. What’s the point if the one static portion of it is tacky?

How funny, and true

This Viewsonic model at Newegg advertises a higher contrast ratio and brightness…(and is on sale for $40 with the current newsletter sale)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882597032

Anyone have any input on which may be better?

It will do it automatically.

Ugly frame=destined to be Wooted.

whats the model number, anybody know?

That is the funniest response I’ve ever read!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

I’m sure it’ll fit any 4:3 pictures just fine and resize them for you but you’ll fit a lot more on the internal memory and they’ll look the same if you resize them yourself before putting them on the frame.

What’s the largest card these can read? as far as gigs go and will it work with sdhc sd cards?

According to the manual there is a random slide show, which I like. Also, the slide show can be set to change pictures from 5 secs to 1 week. Many other frames change too often. I prefer 1 hr.

It’s tough to say which looks better, since I don’t have either one, but the Woot one certainly has more features.