HP 8300 Elite Intel Core i5, 1TB MT Desktop

Do not buy this item. It is out of stock. I ordered it on 11/28 and a package arrived on 12/3 with a different computer. Customer Service told me that they no longer have any in stock to send as a replacement, so I am returning it for a refund. Very disappointed, will probably never use Woot again.

I’m very sorry for the problem. Have you contacted Metro Business Systems? They may be able to help you.

The vendor ships these directly so we do not have inventory on hand to swap out. Doing an exchange would involve getting the computer back from you and then arranging for the vendor to send another out. This would tie up your money longer than either of us would want. It’s better for you to get it back to us and let us refund your money.

Can a woot staffer check with vendor if this item is indeed out of stock?

This just happened to me too. What the hell? Why is woot selling stuff from a vendor who actually doesn’t have the items offered? Like I would be ok with paying for whatever computer this 3rd party vendor feels like sending out. Bad woot. BAD!!

I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form to report this issue.

I did right away. Waiting to hear back. I assume that I will get a refund and be out the computer I ordered. I just checked and this computer is still being ‘sold’. You might want to check on your vendor. This is relatively completely outrageous.

I agree with you 100%. I’ve reached out to the vendor team and Customer Service to look into this issue more thoroughly.

Also- what computer did they send you instead of the one your ordered?

I didn’t check the specs, but it was a small form factor version, not the full sized desktop. I did receive the RMA and it will be going back today. Still sucks that I have to keep shopping for another computer… this isn’t the first time this has happened with you guys either…