HP 9.7" 32GB WiFi Tablet

Very true! I was thinking of maybe getting the $50 tablet earlier for a gift, but decided against it. The cheaper tablets really only function well as e-readers, and at the price point they’re at, might as well grab an e-ink. (Yeah, I’m a fan!)

I have a Nook Color, but I’m kinda on the lookout for an e-ink so I can easily read it in sunlight. And having a second one for my husband would be good. Seems like a nice refurb Kindle or Nook would fit right in around here. :smiley:

You rock!

Someone referenced a BoC “mess” in an earlier posting…that was my first experience with trying to get one. I thought I had it (I actually pressed “place my order,”) and then it disappeared. It looked like it was still available for about 30 min…what happened?

Absolutely! Even if we don’t get any good e-ink deals over here, Amazon’s refurbs are really fairly priced and come with a full year warranty like the new ones.

I agree with you there, I love my e-ink readers more I think (the color was the only I had with me tonight). My fiance has the Kindle 4 with ads and she absolutely loves it - she didn’t read that much until I got it for her, but now she uses it everyday! (I think she might like the Fire too) Yay for literacy!!

Thank you! :smiley:

There’s something about having all of your books conveniently in a tabby form, you know? I carpool now, but when I was riding the train to work I would read the whole way, and while I waited. It was great!

My only disagreement with eReaders and such is that it requires power. Very inconvenient for flights, where you have to turn them off for ascent and descent. Nothing like a dead-tree book, in my opinion.

What??? I never saw it, and I’ve been glued to the computer since last night (and keeping up on the Nook on needed breaks). Must have been one of the server glitches…

I grabbed a couple of these touchpads during the fire sale. I also recently purchased an Acer A500 tablet, mostly because of apps I needed access to.

Having now used both the Acer and the Touchpad, the Touchpad with WebOS if by far the more responsive, better unit. Unfortunately, the app development just isn’t there. I haven’t put Android on the Touchpad yet because it still seems to be in beta development, but am anxious to try it.

The Acer is a great tablet for many reasons, but all-in-all, for basic movie watching, browsing/ e-mail, and reading documents, the HP is the hands-down winner.

Yes, indeed! I’d rather have a good e-reader than a so-so tablet. And the reading experience seems much better on a dedicated device.

I love dead-tree books, too. Landing and takeoff are so short that it’s worth it for me. My Kindle lasts (easily) a month without charging if I keep the wifi off, too- I’m sure it’d survive flights! :wink:

oh no! sorry–I mean in the LAST woot off…people were complaining about that on this woot off…sorry I wasn’t specific.

Whew! (wiping brow) I’ve been eagerly awaiting the coming of the crap - I’d hate to think I’d missed it! :smiley:

Where’s the best, safest place to go to find out how to put Android on these?

I know I’m way late on this. However, for the people that got in on this deal, you should know that webOS has a free Kindle reader app available. So, if you were hoping to use it as an eBook reader, it’s compatible with Amazon. Or at least as compatible as anything was when the Kindle app came out last year.

Of course, if you install Android on it, there’s also a Kindle app available for that (and it’s bound to be more up-to-date than the webOS app).

Rev. Kyle on Youtube

put Android on it. you won’t be disappointed. many people have it on and it’s fine.

Thanks brylac73