HP AMD Ryzen 7, RX550 Gaming Desktop

hi I can’t find any spec that tells me how many Hard drives can be installed, or if I can install a second DVD drive. can anyone help?

thanks

Any thoughts about the refurbished condition of this machine? Is it an issue?

1.Why do you need a second DVD drive?
2.You could remove the front ports and install one there.
3.Get a USB DVD/burner combo for 20 bucks.

2 internal bays, one used for the drive and one open.

Picked up this exact system when Costco had it on sale for $599 as an Xmas gift for my son. He’s quite pleased with it & it’s an upgrade from his previous system which was an AMD quad-core custom built tower. I foresee replacing the power supply & the display adapter at some point in the future but for now it satisfies his gaming needs.

This system features the HP “Basswood” motherboard. A casual review of the specs shows it is equipped with an M.2 SSD connector. Just need the drive and a screw to secure it to the MoBo.

Outside of that, there is only one PCI Express 1x slot, so limited expansion capability.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05634309

Only with HP referbs that have had HP logo stripped from the 'puter.

I used to work in an electronics return center. The “reason” for most reconditioned products is that they were either refused on shipment, The customer returned it after opening it, or the packaging was damaged during shipment. Those units cannot be sold as new, so they are gone over very carefully, most times better than new units are. Any defects detected are repaired or replaced. I would not hesitate to buy a factory reconditioned unit if the discount was substantial. Third party refurbs are a completely different matter, however.

Is anyone else concerned that “VR Ready” means we’re going to receive a virtual HP computer instead of a physical, more useful non-virtual computer?

No, you’re the only one huffing paint

I’ve had several HP refurbs, and they have always looked/worked like new. I actually suspected they were older models that were trying to be sold prior to the new models coming out? I agree with the other person, who said make sure they are MANUFACTURER refurbs.

I bought this model when Costco had it for $600 in Oct. I immediately through a m2 ssd in it. Incredible bang for the buck, and I am tempted to pick up another with this deal.

Taxes kills the deal.

Do you know where I can get a 8core/16 thread PC with 16gb of ram for cheaper?

It’s my birthday and I’m broke but I would be eternally grateful if someone would be so kind as to buy this for me;)

Sure send me all your info… Including credit card numbers and bank numbers… Dont forget the security code on the back of the Credit Card and the expiration date… I will then deposit the money…

Is the Video card incorporated in the Motherboard or is it an actual slot card…

It really sucks you cant put more memory… would prefer 32 gigs like I have on my alienware laptop…

Why, oh why would they bundle such a nice CPU with such a crummy video card and power supply?

This is just WRONG, guys.

would like this computer if it was using Window 7

HP Again? Must stand for half price.

NOT VR compliant.

Needs one of these.

https://support.oculus.com/326247701060681/