HP & Dell: Desktops and All-in-Ones

Isn’t a 300W power supply kinda pushing the limits of adequacy, when the CPU alone consumes 95W ?

Could anyone verify if this desktop has win7 pro or win8.1, the specs list 8.1 but the title and under features say 7 pro. I have this computer and it came with 7, BUT, I know manufacturers are loading everything with 8.1 lately. Thanks HP Pavilion Intel i3 Dual-Core Desktop

Since this pc has built in graphics, 300 watt seems to work just fine… I haven’t tried intensive gaming on mine and it’s NOT built for that. If you add a discrete video card I would definitely upgrade the power supply.

Handy calculator (they calculate optimal PSU at 172 watts) people are often surprised at how little juice their computers use even under full load.

In May 2014, I bought the Factory Reconditioned HP Envy 700-230QE Desktop, Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz Quad-Core, NVIDIA GeForce GT640 4GB, 32GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, BD-ROM, Win8.1

Motherboard died six months later, was not in warranty anymore. HP wanted $299 to send it back for repair.

Most regrettable purchase ever.

Unfortunately, I had the same experience with the Pavilion 500-164. Looking up replacements now…

Usually had very good luck for the first 5 years or so with HP referbs. Spent more than normal for this, soon suffered BSOD and weird graphics issues. Ultimately replaced the graphics card. The included one was a POS and loud to boot. Considering I replaced the HD with an SSD, this was not a deal at all…