HP Deskjet 5850 Wireless Printer

Welcome to the HP Deskjet 5850 Wireless Printer topic page for Monday, February 21st. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

I really need some Logitech Z3 speakers.
Anyone know where I can get a good …GREAT deal?

HP Deskjet 5850 Wireless Printer
If you love something, set it free.
$99.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
Wirelessness is where it’s at. That’s why dogs strain at their leashes; it’s why sailing ships creak in protest against their moorings; it’s why babies chew free from their umbilical cords. All the world over, so easy to see—people and personal computer accessories everywhere just got to be free.

And yet you sit in your drab little “home office” with your printer on a tether like somebody’s sad toddler at the mall. What, is the wireless alternative too radical for your button-down brain in its brain box for boxed-in brains? Is it?

This woot is here to freak you out, brother or sister! The wireless printer is Pinocchio as a real boy! It’s a chain gang prisoner liberated from his bonds! Except that it still has to labor for you.

And labor it will: printing at up to 4,800 optimized dpi, the little bugger handles a wide variety of media types and sizes. With an optional paper tray it can accommodate 400 sheets, spitting them out at up to 21 ppm (on its fastest, lowest-quality setting).

Now it’s your turn to be the bewilderer of squares! Install this printer in some convenient corner, and print files from the sofa, from the dining room table, from the loo, or whencever you do your laptoppin’. Your Luddite roommates will fuh-reek! “Great day in the morning,” they’ll beller. “Did you install MSPoltergeist?”

Features:

* Networkable DeskJet 5850 is ready for five people to use, right out of the box, with Ethernet cable and network setup poster
* Professional-quality prints at up to 4,800 optimized dpi
* Choose from 802.11b wireless support or—if you must—wired Ethernet support for up to five users
* Three operating modes: 21 ppm black / 15 ppm color in “draft” mode, 7.7 ppm / 5 ppm in “normal,” 0.9 ppm (for black or color) in “best”
* Optional paper tray expands 150-sheet standard input capacity to 400 sheets total
* Eight built-in fonts (four each in landscape and portrait modes)
* 16 MB built-in memory
* HP PhotoREt III technology for glowing color and professional-quality images
* Print photos with or without borders on standard-size photo paper
* Ink back-up mode lets you complete printing if the cartridge runs out
* Resist photo fading for generations with the six-ink color (HP 58 inkjet print cartridge C6658AN, sold separately)
* Save money by eliminating the need to outsource; instead rely on the DeskJet 5850’s 5,000-sheet-per-month duty cycle.
* Fold-up tray allows for easy storage when not in use

Specifications:

* Print resolution: Up to 4800×1200 optimized dpi color printing, 1200 dpi black text
* Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet, HP PhotoREt III (HP PhotoREt IV with optional photo cartridge)
* Print method: Inkjet
* Memory: 16 MB
* Interpray anguageslay: HP PCL Level 3 Enhanced
* Typefaces: 8 built-in, 4 each in portrait and landscape orientations: CG Times, CG Times Italic; Univers, Univers Italic; Courier, Courier Italic; Letter Gothic, Letter Gothic Italic
* Monthly duty cycle: 5000 pages
* Paper trays: 1 tray included, second available as optional accessory
* Paper handling (standard): 150 sheets
* Paper handling (optional): 400 sheets
* Paper handling/output: 50 sheets
* Paper types: Paper (plain, inkjet, photo, banner), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
* Paper sizes: Letter, legal, executive, cards, borderless media, custom (3×5 to 8.5×12 inches)
* Interface: IEEE 802.3 compliant (RJ-45 connector), IEEE 802.11b compliant Ethernet, USB (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications)
* In the box: HP Deskjet 5850 color inkjet printer, HP 56 black inkjet print cartridge (C6656AN), HP 57 tri-color inkjet print cartridge (C6657AN), 150-sheet paper tray, power cord and power supply, ethernet cable, printer software for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems, reference guide, network guide and setup poster, resealable media pack
* Width: 17.9 inches
* Height: 6.6 inches
* Depth: 9.8 inches
* But they say size doesn’t matter
* Weight: a svelte 12.7 pounds

Darnit, need better woot

…or at least kitchen woot for my new kitchen

AWESOME WOOT! A MUST BUY!!! Wireless! I love it!!!

Great printer!

Cheapest on Froogle is $140!!!

Way to go WOOT!!!

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat deals, Coupon codes and Freebies! Check out the President’s Day sales and save [size=18:b0e24774e6]$$$$[/size:b0e24774e6]

I am a woot-a-holic.

Let me get some speakers and I’ll never post first page again

Thank You GC…you know what I mean…

Awesome deal too bad I have plenty of printers and with the Mac Wireless Network my printer is already wireless…
Out of all of consumer printers HP are the best…Have had several with no problems unlike an Epson printer i once had

uh… :roll:

boo

nice printer, too bad i already got a photosmart 8450

now if only I’d bought the HP camera and the HP paper… ah well…

edit:
hey… that’s the first time I’ve made the first page - and I even said something other than xiosdafopasdygoi or ‘first page!’ heh.

edit #2:

wow…it’s around $50 less than anywhere else on the web I saw… now if ONLY I needed a printer… it’s a good deal if you need one!

I heard this is a good printer…

i am sick of printers

the forum is up before the woot?

Dell speakers please!

sweet Woot!! think I’ll buy one!!!

Sweeeet Woot!!!

GREAT buy!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

140 on froogle

Bah. Better Woot in the box please!

I have a different HP printer and it works great