HP Deskjet 9650 6-ink Wide Format Inkjet Printer

[imgleft]http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/HP_Deskjet_9650_6-ink_Wide_Format_Inkjet_Printer-thumbnail.jpg[/imgleft]Welcome to the HP Deskjet 9650 6-ink Wide Format Inkjet Printer topic page for Monday, July 11, 2005. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Viva la Woot!

nice price, but is it new or refurb?

Finally! Zero items to go!
Make it good.

WOOT 2.0!!! SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

New looks, new feels, same killer WOOT deals :wink:

Nice WOOT to start the launch!!! Not the BOC like I thought… but nice :slight_smile:

Need cheap ink for this printer or any printer? Here is a killer deal and a 20% off coupon to boot.

Link to cheap ink and toner and 20% off coupon

PRICE: $139 +$5 Shipping

OK, sure: the HP Deskjet 9650 Wide Format Inkjet is more printer than most Wooters need. But sometimes more than you need is exactly what you want.

This Woot is for every vintage Telecaster owner out there who only knows a few chords. For the 220-pound guy who rides an ultralite titanium bike frame. For the lady in suburban New Jersey who drives her four-wheel-drive SUV a half-mile to the grocery store and back. For the ugly guy across the hall who gets 65-dollar haircuts. For anyone who’s ever ordered the biggest Gulp.

The 9650 can accomodate everything from four-by-six-inch postcards to 13-by-19-inch posters, and prints on an array of HP media as diverse as the human experience. You’ve got your plain-Jane white office paper. You’ve got your odd-sized glossy photo paper. You’ve got your rugged, burly, heavy stocks. This sonuvagun embraces them all, adjusting for the unique requirements of anything you throw at it like a codependent hippy.

The six-ink printing system is great for photos. HP technology is specifically designed to deliver natural-looking detail and realistic skin tone, so you can be sure everyone who sees your pictures will say “wow! You ought to get out in the sun once in a while!”

The 9650 pumps out up to 20 pages every minute, so a working draft of your novel should be ready in about… 90 seconds. More printer than you need? Maybe it is, but Woot! deals in want, baby.

Versatile

Flexible media options. Print on media sizes from 4 by 6-inch postcards to 13 by 19-inch posters, and on a wide variety of HP printing materials, from plain paper and glossy photo paper to heavy stock.
Built to fit your needs. Available options include two-sided printing and PostScript 3 software RIP for excellent color accuracy.
Saves valuable space. The sleek, compact design of the HP Deskjet 9600 Series printers fits into your office space with ease.
Quality performance

Uncompromised, high-quality printing. Print at speeds of up to 20 ppm in black and 15 ppm in color, without sacrificing quality.
Trusted HP technology. HP Smart Printing Technology in the HP inkjet print system and the HP Deskjet 9600 Series printers monitor system performance and optimize print quality.
Professional photo-printing quality

The look and feel of professional photos. With HP’s 6-ink printing, produce vibrant, photo-quality images with up to 4800 optimized dpi printing1 (on HP Premium Photo Paper) or HP PhotoREt IV color layering technology.
Enhanced images. Get four-sided, borderless printing on a variety of media types, from 4 by 6 to 11 by 17 inches.
Simple, brilliant color. HP’s 6-ink printing system and patented ink formulations work with HP photo-paper coating to produce true-to-life, fade-resistant photos.
Additional Specifications

Print speed: Up to 20 ppm black and 15 ppm color in Draft mode (up to 7 ppm black and 4 ppm color in Normal mode)
Print resolution: Up to 1200×1200 dpi black text, up to 4800×1200 optimized dpi for color printing
Processor: 96 MHz
Memory: 16 MB
Duty cycle, monthly: 5,000 pages per month
Media Handling: 150-sheet input tray, front manual feed, straight-through paper path at the back of the printer
Output capacity: 75 sheets Sizes: Letter, legal, super B, tabloid, executive, statement, A2 envelope, No. 10 envelope, Monarch envelope, letter banner, tabloid banner, custom sizes: 3.54×5.75 in to 13×19 in
Media Types: Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards (index and greeting), iron-on transfers, banner paper
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet; Resolution: HP PhotoREt IV for 6-ink printing, HP PhotoREt III for 4-ink printing
Connectivity: Interfaces: 1 parallel, 1 USB
Dimensions (w x d x h): 23×15 x 7 in.
Weight: 24 lb.

hey is anyone able to actually buy one
i don’t really want one, i was just trying to see if i could get through to the order page

Its a referb…

Not bad though… I could use one, but I dont need it.

another multiple… .sorry… lot’s of lag tonight.

Can’t seem to buy one. The Rockford Fosgate bundle is still on my order page. I thought changing the quantity around might change the item, but no.

Oh My God!

The servers still suck! =P

Please o please make them quicker!

wacky… sorry about the multiple

Could be a good printer… How much are those ink cartridges nowadays??

Woot 2.0 is nice, but shouldn’t it be purple (or plum??)

edit: I bought one… Might be handy for printing floorplans for the house I want to build… A few errors getting it ordered…

nice woot. wide format printers are very vice.

GottaDeal.com - Why Pay Retail?
The only woot-worthy deal site around!

Does it come with ink? I froogled it and it’s a great price even for refurb, but details need to be more forthcoming, like no networking, USB, borderless upto 11x17 only
Professional photo-printing quality

The look and feel of professional photos. With HP’s 6-ink printing, produce vibrant, photo-quality images with up to 4800 optimized dpi printing1 (on HP Premium Photo Paper) or HP PhotoREt IV color layering technology.
Enhanced images. Get four-sided, borderless printing on a variety of media types, from 4 by 6 to 11 by 17 inches.
Simple, brilliant color. HP’s 6-ink printing system and patented ink formulations work with HP photo-paper coating to produce true-to-life, fade-resistant photos.
Additional Specifications

Print speed: Up to 20 ppm black and 15 ppm color in Draft mode (up to 7 ppm black and 4 ppm color in Normal mode)
Print resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi black text, up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi for color printing
Processor: 96 MHz
Memory: 16 MB
Duty cycle, monthly: 5,000 pages per month
Media:
Handling: 150-sheet input tray, front manual feed, straight-through paper path at the back of the printer
Output capacity: 75 sheets Sizes: Letter, legal, super B, tabloid, executive, statement, A2 envelope, No. 10 envelope, Monarch envelope, letter banner, tabloid banner, custom sizes: 3.54 x 5.75 in to 13 x 19 in
Weights: 16 to 36 lb (using primary path), 16 to 74 lb (using rear manual feed)
Types: Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards (index and greeting), iron-on transfers, banner paper
Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet; Resolution: HP PhotoREt IV for 6-ink printing, HP PhotoREt III for 4-ink printing
Connectivity:
Interfaces: 1 parallel, 1 USB
Languages: HP PCL 3 GUI
Standard operating systems: Microsoft® Windows 98 SE, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP 32, XP 64; Macintosh OS 9.1 and higher
Network operating systems: Microsoft Windows NT, NetWare, Appletalk (via optional HP Jetdirect 175x, 300x, 310x, 380x print servers)
Dimensions (w x d x h): 23 x 15 x 7 in.
Weight: 24 lb.

I know, I know…They wanted a mundane item to test the system with, one that wouldn’t be so popular that it would blow everything…but a printer…a lousy printer.
Goodnight all.

It’s really too bad woot! 2.0 is too ugly for me to really enjoy the good deal.

[quote user=“peteromans11”]WOOT 2.0!!! SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

snip
[/quote]

There is no longer a need to quote the description because it appears that it’s now added to the blog. You’ll actually have to say something useful now~.

For my more useful comment, this looks like a great printer, but I’m hesitant to buy with expense of ink! Are there any cheap refills for this printer?

Suggestion for Woot 2.0: Add total quantity purchased so far in the stats (e.g. 532 items sold). Just to be extra clear, I mean in the stats updated every minute, not when the item is sold out.

Trying very Trying But Still Trying to keep from Crying

I’m hoping all the server error messages are a belated April fools joke. This is the Woot version of ‘Groundhog Day’ and we’re all Bill Murry. BTW where are the emoticons?

I’m only posting to see what date I actually joined WOOT…seems like forever, if you count all the times I’ve read the whinning about HP printers…