HP Deskjet 9650 Wide Format Printer with Premium Plus Photo Paper

[imgleft]http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/HP_Deskjet_9650_Wide_Format_Printer_with_Premium_Plus_Photo_Paper-thumbnail.jpg[/imgleft] Sunday, October 30, 2005

This message will contain product updates, a discussion summary, and other new information. Check it often for changes.

Snore, I thought we’d get something a bit more interesting than this…

Oh well… NEXT!

Looks ok…more than I need though.

helluva deal…might snag this one for my folks

Nice Woot. Count me in!

No thanks, night all. When will we get something good?.

wow woot cooperated with the early time change

Looks like a decent deal on the HP Deskjet 9650. Could be a problem though since it shows as discontinued at hp.com. Been replaced by the 9800 line.

It’s a decent printer for scrapbookers since you can print 12x12 pages. Some reports of fighting with the unit to allow borderless printing in non-standard sizes.

how much are ink cartriges for these bad boys. might be worth it if they are not too much. how about paper?

don’t forget about the 61" hdtv’s tomorrow!

gotta love w00t!

Good buy, but not for me. This one should go quickly.

hmm for a printer these days, sounds a little pricey. Big question, “Anyone catch that it sounds like the ink cartriges may not be included?”
Maybe I miss wooted.
Well one good thing is that even though its discontinued its not a “refurby.” Shiny and new.

nice woot

Dell 5.1 Speakers please…

No need for this I already have one, They work great, Great quality prints, Definatly a great woot tonight, Thanks Woot!

Not for me… don’t forget to switch back your clock

Hey, it’s even new, not refurbished!

Nice, I like big prints. I will not lie…

I can see small business owners jumping on this one. The large format printing allows large brochures to be printed along with larger signs for a fraction of the cost of outsourcing.

The reviews on Amazon aren’t so hot though. Some are downright, well, not very satisfied to say the least.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CAS21/104-5526894-8741541?v=glance&n=172282&v=glance

But in other news I thought there should be some backing to Petromans postings…like why does he trademark everything?

I pulled this usage definition from http://www.trademark.iastate.edu/basics/

What is a trademark?
A trademark is a word, slogan, symbol, design, or combination of these elements, which identifies and distinguishes the goods or services of one party from others. The word trademark or trademark law is frequently used generically to encompass similar identifiers of origin such as service marks, collective marks, certification marks, trade dress, and trade name.

Special consideration should be taken on the point made by “…which identifies and distinguishes the goods or services of one party from others.” Petromans is giving a trademark to made up verbs that are the actions of the consumers, not the actions of the owners of the woot.com. Seemingly it would appear to put the owners of woot.com in a predicament if one of these made up names is already trademarked in the patent office.

Definitions, from my understanding, cannot be trademarked, copyrighted, or patented in the US. This caveat would eliminate trademarking the entire statement also.

I understand the frustration experienced by many with these sophmoric postings, but my only gripe would be to pull the “TM” from each posting as it would serve to eliminate several legal issues.

Just my 2 cents for the night. I look forward to the conversations I’m sure this will bring.

13" x 19"?
that’s some pretty big prints.

Siempre lo mismo.
Repiten y repiten la misma cosa.