HP Desktops & AOC Monitors

Any love out there for the USB-powered monitor?

It has pretty good reviews. Amazon has it for $20 more, but it’s new and comes with a 3 year waranty (instead of 90 days)
http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B005SEZR0G

this is on the AOC I2757FH 27" 1080p IPS LED Monitor, 2 HDMI, 20M:1, 5ms, 16.7M Colors, Stereo Speakers, HDCP

First of all this is an IPS monitor a new class of monitors famous for deep colors and wide viewing angles. Up until now IPS devices usually cost around $2,000. Obviously this one doesn’t have the same features but it does uses the same technology which is now beginning to be massed produced. This monitor is good enough to receive the PCMag Editors choice list for 27 inch monitors. (You can see the printed and video review here

The full specs are:
Specification

• Model: AOC 2757 IPS
  • Manufacturer: Alphascan AOC
  • Light: LED Backlight
  • Panel Type: IPS Display
  • Screen Size: 27 inch (69mm) /597.6mm X 336.15mm
  • Pixel Size: 0.311(H) X 0.311(V)
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Surface Treatment: 3H hard coating
  • Display Colors: 16.7 M Colors
  • Brightness: 250cd/m2
  • Contrast Ratio: 1,000 : 1
  • Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000,000:1
  • Response Time: 5 ms
  • Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
  • Horizontality frequency: 30 ~ 83 kHz
  • Verticality frequency: 50 ~ 76 Hz
  • In put port: D-Sub/ HDMI * 2/ Audio/ Headset
  • Dimensions: 622(W) X 449(H)
  • Weight: 5.7kg
  • Power Supply: Adapter AC 110~240V, 32 W(On), 0.3 W(Stand by)
  • Color: Black

it sells for $299 in Worst/Best Buy and $399 in Amazon

Seems like the HP computers might be cheaper on other places (like newegg). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256746

This is a great monitor; I think I would rather pay $70 more for a new one with a three year warranty, instead of a rebuilt with a 3 month warranty.

Am I the only one who thinks 1080p is too low a resolution for a 27" monitor? I have 25" screens at work that are 1920x1200. I see that as an absolute minimum for a 27" screen. I suppose they can’t get Apple Cinema Display resolutions at that price either though. To me with a 27" display at 1080p, you’re just not getting the benefit of the screen size.

I’ve been using a 1080p 27" monitor for years. Looks great to me.

A different on line retailer whose name is the same as a large carnivorous feline has the newer model of this monitor for $269 plus shipping. The newer model is black instead of silver, the base is designed differently, it has a regular 110v computer cord instead of a separate power supply (power supply is built into the monitor), it’s “Windows 8 certified”, and it has more connectors in the back. Something related to smartphones which I didn’t understand. The basic display itself seems to be pretty much the same.

I am trying to figure out why all these new monitors don’t have vesa mounts on the back…

I just want to find a cheap 23/24" 1080p IPS monitor w/ VESA mount … I need 3 of them…

Good luck finding a monitor that will operate on the measly 2.5W that USB2.0 will pump out. Even USB3.0 is only uprated to 4.5W. Even laptop monitors draw more than that.

If only the 19" had DVI or HDMI, then I’d get it.
Having to get a HDMI to VGA converter, makes it not a good deal.

Message to Woot, find one please LED 16"-19" with DVI and/or HDMI?

It appears that you are correct.

does anyone know if this can be used with a standard wall mount? Thanks

What item are you asking about, please?

I agree- that big of a screen should be 1920x1200 (maybe even more).

I am asking about the 27 inch AOC IPS monitor. Thanks

Per the specs:
Wall Mountable: No

Sorry. :frowning:

One important thing to remember with the H-8 1414 if you are going to upgrade the components is the secure boot…

Say wha? I have that 16" USB powered monitor that is (now sold out) in this current deal. I got it in the last woot off. It works perfectly off of a standard USB port on a cheapie best buy bought laptop.