HP Desktops & Laptops

Why isn’t anyone buy this? Is it low processor speed?

HP Pavilion 17-E175NR 17.3" Laptop, AMD A4-5000 Quad-Core, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Win8.1 - Flyer Red

Don’t recommend these at all. I bought one last November on Woot and the Mobo went out last month. HP’s 3 month warranty on refurbs is BS. Buy Dell. At least their warranty on refurbs is a Year.

I would not buy a computer with an A4 processor myself. That is the lowest end of their processors (A4, A6, A8, A10). Here is a link to the AMD A-series APU chip page: http://www.amd.com/en-gb/products/processors/desktop/a-series-apu#

Don’t do it!!!

I bought my computer factory reconditioned from Woot, it completely died 6months later (can’t even turn on). I just found out from my tech that part of my “refurb” included paper jammed in my computer to hold the memory stick in place, and that’s just where the problems start.

Now they’re refusing to refund me. I have been a loyal woot customer, but I guess they’re certainly not loyal to me.

I am considering whether to purchase the HP Split. It says factory reconditioned. Is it HP that did the refurbishing or reconditioning, or was it done by a third party? Thank you.

HP Split 13-P111NR x2 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop & Tablet, 13.3" HD LED Touchscreen, Intel Core i5-4210Y, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Win 8

I can tell you that with mine (also advertised as here as “factory reconditioned”) it was NOT the manufacturer. And they did a completely sub-standard job (see above).

Just don’t do it.

The laptop comes with an HP warranty which usually means that either HP or an authorized-by-them group has done the refurbishing.

It didn’t meant that with my Acer. They specifically said they accept zero responsibility for the refurb.

Did you try contacting us? We would be happy to help if Acer is not helping. You can use the support tab at the top of the page.

I’ve been in contact with CS - took 5 days for an initial response, which essentially consisted of “Welp, too bad.” Still no follow up after that. Not exactly my definition of happy to help.

I got a refurbished HP 95 days ago. On day 89 of the 90 day warranty, the hard drive failed. No problem, right? Well the warranty page is buried in the depths of their web site, and when I finally found it, it claimed that my warranty expired four months before I bought the computer. Fortunately - or so I thought - there was a link to dispute the warranty. All I had to do was send them my woot order information. I did, and they changed my expiration date to seven months before I bought it. I’m starting to suspect that they don’t want to honor their warranty (and that their refurbished products are cra*p).

If you haven’t already, please use the Support Page to submit a ticket to investigate this.
Please let them know what you’re experiencing and that the warranty was pushed back as you said.

They should be able toanswer any questions or concerns you have about your order and help you find a resolve.

BINGO!