I got one of these last time they went on sale, mostly happy with it. Some things:
- mine is visibly clean, but kind of smelly. I washed it inside and out as best I could, vacuumed gunk out of the fan and cooked it off with a cpu stress test. Still a little smelly, can live with it.
- Came with a 512GB drive instead of 256, looks like a decent pci-e v2 “Kingfast” brand drive, seemed to work fine but swapped it out anyways for something bigger and faster.
- had win10 preinstalled, but seems to activate a fresh win11pro install just fine.
- There should be metal shields covering the hard drive and ram, but mine didn’t have those parts.
- left side of body is bent, looks like it was dropped with a usb device inserted. Both sides have somewhat sharp edges that catch your hands, but the bent part scrapes your hand even more. Not bad, just slightly annoying feel.
Overall I’m really happy with it. Good size, looks nice, and performs very well. My favorite part is that even under heavy load, the fan noise is not annoying at all. Pretty quiet most of the time!
nice write up ty
I’d have jumped on this deal if it was an 11th gen instead of 10th gen. That Iris XE iGPU is absolutely worth it.
I’ll wait around another year.