HP EliteDesk 800 G1 128GB Mini Desktop

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 128GB Mini Desktop

No pencil or golf balls for perspective? Sheesh.

2 Likes

No pictures of the back? VGA? HDMI?
Never mind, found it in the text.

We use stock photos are often there’s not photos of the back.

Per the specs:

Rear I/O Ports:
(2) DisplayPort
(1) VGA
(4) USB 3.0
(1) RJ-45 LAN
(1) Audio: Line-out

Note that a lot of computer manufactures are moving to DisplayPort because there's a licensing fee for HDMI.
3 Likes

I little bigger than a stack of 10 5" floppy disks…I think…

want same shipped from amazon with bigger ssd for $2 more?
https://www.amazon.com/HP-EliteDesk-Computer-Windows-Renewed/dp/B07Q1DL6LV

1 Like

I did not know this. Are monitors and TVs doing the same? It’s sad because the standard 3.5mm audio out line isn’t really capable of surround sound, right? You’d almost need an optical audio out to go with DisplayPort. (Unless DP has audio and I’m dumb)

Google search says DisplayPort can do audio…They really need to change the name, then.

that’s some cutting edge 2014 (date of computer) info right there that has no pertinence to life

you’ll get no disagreements here…hahaha

1 Like

Looked at specs on HP and it’s DP 1.2 (figured it was since that’s what was on my old M6800)

1 Like

Yeah. Like HDMI, just because DisplayPort CAN support audio, doesn’t mean the PC is sending audio through that port nor does it mean the monitor/TV you connect to supports audio coming in through that port.

1 Like

quick and dirty plagiarism from pcmag which is generically lifted in turn from others

• DisplayPort 1.2: Supports up to 4K at 60Hz, some 1.2a ports may also support AMD’s FreeSync

• DisplayPort 1.3: Supports up to 4K at 120Hz or 8K at 30Hz

• DisplayPort 1.4: Supports up to 8K at 60Hz and HDR

• DisplayPort 2.0 (currently slated for late 2020): Supports 16K with HDR at 60Hz and 10K without HDR at 80Hz

• HDMI 1.4: Supports up to 4K (4,096 by 2,160) at 24Hz, 4K (3,840 by 2,160) at 30Hz, or 1080p at 120Hz.

• HDMI 2.0: Supports up to 4K at 60Hz, and later versions (HDMI 2.0a and 2.0b) include support for HDR

• HDMI 2.1: Supports up to 10K resolution at 120Hz, as well as improved HDR with dynamic metadata and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) which allows sending Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio from the display to a receiver. It also includes variable refresh rate (VRR) like FreeSync in the standard, though there are plenty of HDMI 2.0 monitors that also support the feature.

1 Like