HP EliteDesk 800-G1 Mini Desktop

HP EliteDesk 800-G1 Mini Desktop

How many of these did Amazon get stuck with? Are we going to be seeing these on Woot forever? Just start dumping them in the next round of BOCs, and be done with them.

I own the HP EliteDesk 800-G2 and love it. Solid build and fast. Look at purchasing the the DVD add-on. https://www.amazon.com/HP-DVDRW-DL-DVD-RAM-Drive/dp/B00TWFFCHU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=K9Q83AT&qid=1553167432&s=electronics&sr=1-1-catcorr

Can anyone tell me if the 8GB is in one memory slot or if it’s 4GB x 2?

Can anyone tell me what would make these mini-elite desktops (especially for the home) desirable if it does not have the wireless AND bluetooth capabilities?

I am looking into these mini desktops as a potential replacement for my home computer. Is that so ridiculous? Wifey is looking into these for use as a mini desktop in our living room in addition to our current desktop that she can call her own, connect wirelessly to a different printer (potentially) that we already have so that it is separate and unique from our home computer. Something that is hard wired, as opposed to the laptops that I have.

Does the addition of those two options just make it practically impossible to be inside these mini’s?

How is it not possible for it to be wireless and bluetooth capable and still be this small sized.

Maybe I have to look at other (more complete) minis, if there is such a thing.

I am sorry to be so wordy. Anyone that can chime into any of my questions will be greatly appreciated.

I have had the HP EliteDesk as my main computer for almost 2 years. Solid components and makes for a perfect home computer. Mine has WiFi and Bluetooth built in. The video card is fine for gaming and with the display port I get 4K graphics. I paid $400 on eBay for the HP EliteDesk 800-G2 and haven’t had any issues. I love this system. As I mentioned above, get the DVD player module on Amazon (linked above). I have both the DVD module and extra 500GB Hard Drive module on mine.

1 Like

I received the item today. Unfortunately, the power supply is incorrect - the connector is too small and appears to be meant for a laptop rather than the mini desktop. I have emailed customer service.