HP EliteDesk 800-G2 Mini 256GB

HP EliteDesk 800-G2 Mini 256GB

Can anyone comment on this deal? Interested, but not very knowledgeable about mini form factor business PCs. I need one for a home office.

I love that we get three shots of the front, none of the back.

1 Like

Specs state 2 display ports. At least one review says there is only one. Can we get a picture of the back and a confirmation of the number of display ports?

Hi there. I confirmed that there are 2 DP on the back. We’re unable to show the back of the computer as there are so many variations of this model.

1 Like

We typically go for a mid size tower because of the universal sizes and ease of replacement of parts. We’ve installed some of these “micro” or “mini” sized computers and they do just fine. You can usually find the right parts for replacement, and hopefully will never have to worry about that anyways. The power supply is usually the only part that causes issues that we run into, and this is an external that looks easy enough to find online. The other part you’d need to worry about is the motherboard and if that goes bad, it’s usually a pretty unfortunate situation no matter the computer. This looks like a great computer for the price and would be a great solution for home.

1 Like

I bought a similar model a few offerings ago (maybe Feb of this year?). It was $379 (with the 6400T which is a lower spec processor) and now at $80 less (with the slightly better processor I’m seriously considering it again (actually I think it was still $380 just a week or two ago!.. i really need to find the links and check but I’m pretty sure it’s the same model). One other difference between my version and this one is that mine came with a USB wifi dongle… this one doesn’t… and the machine doesn’t have wifi otherwise, so that might sway some people.

I’m using it as an HTPC. It’s connected to a Smart TV… the problem is I can’t stand the smart TV interface… so I much prefer a PC connected. I don’t run XBMC or anything (though I guess I could). I just run Netflix (et. al) in a full screen browser window. Multiple Youtube tabs etc. 16GB ram works great. I have absolutely no complaints about this machine. I haven’t tried to do any gaming with it however the Intel 530 only has a passmark of about 1000 for GPU. Certainly not terrible, but definitely not good. :wink: With only a 256gb ssd, you’d not be installing many AAA titles anyway.

So… depending on what you want to do with it, these things are great. $300 for a computer that can do pretty much all your browsing and multi media needs… You’ll need a display port capable display (or adapter).

Hope this helps, and hope you don’t snap all the rest up before I decide to grab another one.