HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini Desktop

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini Desktop

Does this have an available 2.5 slot for HD/SSD?

According to HP’s website yes. This listing says it ships with an NVMe SSD so that would leave the 2.5 available.

From HP’s website… https://support.hp.com/vn-en/document/c06045012

Internal Ports
(1) SATA storage connector (data and power)

Expansion slots
(1) M.2 PCIe x1 2230 (for WLAN)
(2) M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo (for storage)

Bays
(1) 6.35 cm (2.5 in) internal storage drive

1 Like

I bought a Lenovo mini and for extra storage space picked up a Samsung T5 USB drive. It’s fast and hardly noticable

1 Like

I need a mini pc that drives 2 32” 4K monitors at 30 Hz each. Any idea how to tell if these do that (it has two-display ports and one-UBC C to drive video),

According to Intel’s site, the CPU (read: the integrated graphics) is capable of driving 3 displays at 4K. Whether HP has done something to reduce that capability is unknown, but it is very likely this will do what you need.

1 Like

In ENGlish (not ENGineer) please. Does the Mini have room for a second SSD? For the price I think it is light on storage and RAM.

bentone: If Wooter109001111 has his facts straight, there’s room for a laptop form factor (2.5 inch) SATA hard drive like this one - https://www.newegg.com/seagate-barracuda-4tb-st4000lm024/p/N82E16822179105?

If that still “doesn’t look like anything to me,” I suggest getting an external USB. I’'m happy with my WD 5Gb drive.

1 Like

I’m interested in using something like this for photo editing in my digital darkroom. The Graphics capability seems more than adequate for this, especially if I expand RAM to 16 - 32 GB. But I worry about heat dissipation. Anyone have experience with these tiny desktops, would this burn out relatively quickly?

I use several Lenovo Tiny maschines ( M92P, M700, M720p ) and never had ANY problem with any of them. My fave is the M720p.

So in about 5 years they all worked 100% and upgrades from Windows 7 to windows 10-2004 was a breeze on all of them

1 Like

I think the Intel I3 NUC on Amazon with the ATI independent video is a better product for about the same price…The processor with the Intel graphics has to be run by processor itself and also share the memory…