HP ENVY 15" FHD 256GB Convertible Laptop

HP ENVY 15" FHD 256GB Convertible Laptop

I picked up one of these at Costco the other day. ($499, includes the pen) It’s a really nice machine for the price, and the screen is nice and clear. Make sure to apply the UEFI BIOS update if you pick one up- I was a little disappointed in the battery life (advertised as ~10 hours, actual ~4) until after the update, where I now get a legit 10+ with browsing, light office work, etc. I couldn’t find anything else that checked all the boxes I wanted (SSD, touchscreen, backlit keys, good battery life) and although I was a little concerned about graphics performance, in that my previous laptop had a discrete mobile graphics chip, the Ryzen has performed like a champ.

1 Like

Yeah, so mine arrived with a dead fan and does not want to boot.
This is 2 in a row that I have gotten a refurbished tablet/laptop from woot and there have been issues.
First was an reported stolen fire tablet, next is a 2 in 1 x360 with a bad fan.

Ugh. I’m sorry.

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Thanks, I did prior to posting the comment, still waiting on hearing from them.

Something is wrong with whoever certifies the refurbished for Woot these days.

I literally sent the Fire tablet back yesterday, got the x360 2 in 1 today and had this upon unboxing.

Different companies so not related. Just bad luck. :\