HP ENVY 17.3" Intel i7 Quad-Core Laptop

Edit: Please read this statement from the Woot! staff. It explains why there may be differences from what is listed(minimums) and what you actually receive.

Hi,

I purchased this the last time. I also added some info the last time this was up for sale. You can check here. Just so you know, there are a couple of things not listed in the features or specs.

1. This has a TouchSmart screen.
  2. This has a fingerprint reader.

HP’s calls this the HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR).

This PC has a second drive bay, but you will need a cable and drive caddy. Go to the link above for more info.

Hope this helps.

Hi friartek,

I just wonder this laptop has a combination of
a) Intel HD Graphic 4600 only + 65w adaptor (NO Geforce GT840M)
b) Intel HD Graphic 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GT840M 2GB + 65w adaptor
c) Intel HD Graphic 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GT840M 2GB + 90w adaptor
Which description above is the correct one? Coz most laptops with discrete GPU use 90w adaptors

Edit: Please read this statement from the Woot! staff. It explains why there may be differences from what is listed(minimums) and what you actually receive.

Hi ronnick,

d) none of the above

c come closest.

Checked the AC Adapter and in very large characters it’s printed with 120W.

PN: PA-1121-62H
Series: HSTNN-LA25
HP Part No:732811-001
Output: 19.5V 6.15A

Hope this helps.

This computer has been one surprise after another. So much more then what is stated in the features or specs. Now checking the power adapter, one more surprise. What else does it have?

Edited:

Found a photo on Ebay.

I will try to consolidate the information(from multiple posts) about this computer as there is more to this computer then is stated in the features and specifications. Also the photos are not totally accurate. My information is based on the one I received during the last time it was on sale. But, even on the HP site when searching for Model 17t-j100, the search returns four(4) possible descriptions.

1. HP ENVY 17t-j100 Leap Motion QE CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
  2. HP ENVY 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC
  3. HP ENVY 17t-j100 Select Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
  4. HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

AFAICT (4) matches the computer I received. I used this information to update the BIOS on my computer to the latest version.

The description on the label on the box is:

HP TouchSmart 17t

The model number inside the battery bay on the computer is:

HP ENVY 17t-j100.

This is where I go out on a limb. Assuming(always a bad thing to do) all the computers for this model number are the same, the following additional features should be present:

TouchSmart Screen
Fingerprint reader
Backlit keyboard

BTW, the photos do show a fingerprint reader on the right side just below the keypad.

The following is a correction:

120W AC Adapter and not the 65W AC Adapter as stated in the specs.

Also as part of the CPU there is an integrated GPU(Graphics Processing Unit). To make things clear, this computer has two(2) GPUs.

1. Intel HD Graphics 4600(on the CPU)
  2. NVIDIA GM108M [GeForce GT840M] with 2GB of dedicated memory.

This computer also has two(2) internal drive bays. If you wish to install a second drive, you will need to order the caddy and cable(see previous posts[1][2])

I wonder if anyone at Woot! would verify this info.

I was surprised when I first turned on my computer to find it had a TouchSmart screen. Pleased, but surprised.

TL;DR!! That explains why Woot! didn’t respond to my queries within those posts. The problem is without the info how would you understand my requests? So I must assume no one will verify the info about this item and no updates to the features or specifications will be made. :>(

Hi,

Thanks for taking all the trouble to consolidate all the extra information on this. Was clueless earlier but your posts helped immensely!!

One confirmation please, the one that you had ordered has sold out and this is a re-listing, so are we pretty sure that this product will be the same as the one that you had received?
I am new to Woot so asking for your opinion, what are the chances that I will get the same item?

In a batch of Factory Reconditioned laptops, the models may vary from unit to unit. The features will be what we state as a minimum. You may be surprised with a few extras but don’t buy it based on that.

So all the extras you’re asking about, if they’re not listed in our sale description, don’t count on them being there.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for that info. The fact that HP lists four(4) different descriptions for model 17t-j100 could mean that any one of the four version could be available. Something of a mini lottery, so to speak. Knowing this I will go back and edit(done) my previous posts so people wont expect more then the minimum.

This will not change a couple of things. The 17t-jxxx series does have 2 drive bays. I’m not sure if this considered a feature, but it was for me. It would be nice if things like this would be in the specs. This was one thing I had to look up before I decided to purchase this unit.

The units will have two(2) GPUs. With 2 GPUs the minimum wattage of the AC adapter should most likely be greater then 65 watts. This is something you may want to recheck. The label on the box does not state what the wattage will be.

Then there are the photos. The photos do show a fingerprint reader being present on the computer. The features/specs do not state there is a fingerprint reader. For myself, I know if my system had not shown up with a fingerprint reader, I would have been sending off an email asking where it was. I’m not sure how many others would have even noticed.

Again, thanks for the information.

Hi ThunderThighs,
Thanks for your assistance, you cleared my doubts.
I have placed an order (order #54071458 by Raj2776). However, as an earnest request, I would be really happy if you could please send me the same/similar model as received by user Friartek earlier in October, i.e., the one which had TouchSmart Screen and Backlit Keyboard (along with Fingerprint reader and 120w AC Adapter)
For reference, appears that it had - “Product code J0G76AAR… and code E2E11AAR#ABA on the sticker inside the battery case…”

Thanks, in anticipation.

We can forward on your post and information along to Woot Staff but we do suggest that you email into support@woot.com and let them know what you’re experiencing. They’ll be happy to help answer any questions or concerns you have with your order.

Yes please forward and do the needful. That would be great! Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I have mailed the Support many times but haven’t received any response at all.
Can you please acknowledge that this has been forwarded to the appropriate staff?
Thanks for the help.

We are not able to pick out specific models for orders. It’s just not possible at the volume of orders we have.

Make sure to check your spam/junk folders. But also see my response above.

Hi,

Should be pretty easy since it will have “HP TouchSmart 17t” written on the box. So if you would just pass on the instructions to the shipping team.
It will mean a lot to me if you can, rest is up to you.

Sorry but we can’t fulfill your request.

Hi friartek,

Thanks so much for your information update. Hope woot can hear your voice.