HP ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Monday, Aug 10 to Thursday, Aug 13) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](HP ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=HP ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](HP - Google Shopping ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/12/2015 - $44.99 (Woot Plus)
11/18/2014 - $49.99 (Woot Plus)
8/4/2014 - $49.99 (Woot Plus)

Lots of great reviews at Best Buy

I was literally just looking at this earlier today on Amazon considering it. Decent reviews; need a new printer. In for one.

Is this forced envy?

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at Staples.com

I’ve had one of these for a year now. I’m quite happy with it.

How is the scanning?

I was really excited about this as my wireless is shot, but then I noticed it had a tri-color cartridge rather than singles. Run out of 1 color and you have to replace the whole thing. Lots of wasted ink.

LOL!!! The replacement ink cartridges will cost more than the printer.

I ordered this printer for work. The first one wouldn’t turn on and the second one was off and had poor print quality. There are very cheap laser printers out there. The ink is more expensive but lasts a long time. At the end of the day you would spend more on all the individual ink cartridges.

Paid $10 more a month ago at BB. Easy wi-fi hook up, 2 sided printing and eligible for Instant Ink. So far, everything’s great.

How long do the cartridges on this printer last? That is, roughly how many pages should I expect to pront before I need to replace the cartridges?

Does this use # 564 ink?

Under ‘specs’ the ink cartridge listed is HP301 (on the WOOT page), but on the HP site the same (HP ENVY 4500 All-In-One Wireless Printer) printer uses HP91 ink cartridges…so which is the correct one???

[MOD: HP61 is correct]

I’ll be ‘that guy’ and point out it’s not really ALL in one, it’s missing a fax.

I wish we had different classifications for that, as once in a blue moon the fax can come in handy.

I bought my Envy 4500 (factory reconditioned) from Woot in April 2014.

It scans decently well. You can scan directly from the control panel on the printer to any computer that you’ve installed the software on, or you can start the scan from the computer.

When starting the scan from the printer you have the option to scan as image (JPG) or document (PDF). The document scan is just an image wrapped in a PDF - there’s no OCR built in. There is no option to change settings (DPI). It either scans the full platen and then crops the results or it only scans the document/photo that it detects - I can’t tell which.

When starting the scan from the computer (using HP’s software) you have more options and control over the scan settings - DPI, scan size, file type, destination (folder or email).

The photo and document scans are fine for normal/home use.

Mine has no scan lines/streaks, but this being a refurb, YMMV.

Unless they’ve changed their numbering system again, the Envy 4500 uses 61 or 61XL. I bought mine (factory reconditioned) from Woot in April 2014 and it came with a starter tank of 61 black and 61 tri-color.

This same question was brought up then as well.

[MOD: HP61 is correct]

I bought one of these last time it was on Woot, had it quite a while and have not had any issues with it. Cartridges used are HP-61, and yes, they do cost as much as the printer, which seems to be the case for most every printer these days!! (I got HP-61XL color cartridge for just under $37 about 2 weeks ago). It does seem to be an ink hog, especially if you do a lot of color printing.

I like the wireless feature - if you have android device you can even get an HP print app that will allow you to print directly from your tablet. Makes really nice photos, too, if you choose “best” mode and use photo paper. Nice to be able to make color copies without scanning into a computer program first, too.

Good catch!