HP Envy Dual-Core i5 Notebook w/160GB SSD, WiDi & 14.5” BrightView Infinity LED

Got a hidden C****rap! Will post pics when it arrives. EVERYONE should be posting pics, that is what makes it so much fun :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas Woot, thanks again!

I love all the people who are comparing this deal to the same model machine…with COMPLETELY different hardware on the inside. It doesnt matter if it has the same case…

This is a good deal, period. I configured the same machine with the same hardware on HP’s website and it came to $1588 before shipping. They threw in a $250 rebate, and it still comes to almost 60% of the cost.

Wooooohooooooooo!! elusive Bag I have finally gotten thee!! After four years I can hold my head up high and proclaim Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!! :0)

FYI woot!, contrary to your product specifications, HD+ corresponds to 1600 x 900 and not 1366 x 768. The latter would be just HD.

No Three Wise Men showed up early this morning, but in a few days, a gift more coveted than an olympic gold medal shall arrive via smartpost. A Ho-ho Santa’s Bag of Crap!

I will never buy another HP laptop for this very reason. They thought I spilled water on the keyboard when I sent in the computer for repair (their water sensors are notoriously wonky), so they summarily voided the warranty and wanted $700 for repair. Reading online, this seems like a common practice from these jerks.

I demanded they ship the unit back. They really are sacks of crap, kind of what Santa delivered earlier this morning.

I got a Bounty of Christmas! My 7th Bag overall!

Price is a joke…can find comparable or better laptops than an HP on numerous sites particularly Amazon or even eBay!

I thought this might be the time we’d finally see a Kids.Woot BeeOC.

Anyway, still pleased to get a regular one.

Thanks Woot…

And Happy Chanukah to all.

Will this arrive in time for Christmas?

Ive been wooting for a long time, and never got a BOC, never.

I have no beef with woot, but dangit guys… I feel left out on the BOC joy.

I guess this is the official Christmas BOC thread? I got one! Noticed the link right away. Had to use the wine server to get one. I can’t wait to see what Santa brings me in my stocking of crap!! :smiley:

What’s the point? After the first picture is posted, everyone else can just copy & paste…

I think this looks like a pretty good deal. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find something this size with an i5 processor, 6 GB of ram and most importantly a SSD. If I didn’t already have an XPS 14 I would pick this one up.

Now the usual cycle begins…

The Phases of the Bag of ****Crap (according to DrGandalf):

Phase 1: The discussion of getting vs. not getting the Bag of Cr****ap, with the usual reference to the cursed bots, Woot’s horrible servers, and related.

Phase 2: The discussion of when will Woot finally ship the Bags, and did you get your tracking number, and the creation of the spreadsheet.

Phase 3: The discussion of how much the packages are predicted to weigh, how big they are, how Smartpost is sending them all around the country, and whether they are arriving early, late, or maybe never, and how to find out all the tracking information.

Phase 4: The revealing of the contents of the much awaited Bags of C****rap, with much hooting and Wooting by those that are happy, some grumbling by those that are not, but with most folks happy that they got to play the game no matter what they got. Plus, the great hunt for The Letter!

Phase 4a: The waiting for and the revealing of the contents of the POC (Pallette of Crap) that the recipients of The Letter receive.

Most impressive statistics for a fellow Wooter. I bow to you this day, sir.

Nice price for a $1200 machine that has not found its way to bm stores yet so price will start to drop. Wished they charged a few dollars more for the i7 chip and it would have been a smokin deal. The i5 chip doesn’t do it for me.

I’ve had the Envy 17 for about six months. It’s a nicely built computer with a good looking screen. The mousepad is functional, but most certainly not the best I’ve ever used. I usually use a wireless mouse (the Microsoft Arc Touch) so the trackpad is not an issue for me.

The case is nice and solid and mostly fingerprint-proof which is great considering I replaced a piano black Dell fingetprint-magnet. Overall, it’s a sturdy feeling metal laptop - something I really appreciate.

I have not had the issues previous posters had with HP support. The few times I’ve called them in years past, they accomplished what I needed from them.

Merry Wootmas to all! Ho, Ho, Ho; can’t wait to see what is in my Santa’s Sack of Crap!

Merry Christmas Wooters

Started Christmas at 12:00am knowing that the bag of crap would be hidden somewhere. I remembered last year getting tricked. Fool me once shame on Woot, fool me twice shame on me.

Got the server errors for the next 30 minutes, during that time got the server error box where I could send a note to Woot. I wished them a Merry Christmas and wished for a bag of crap. My wishes came true! I got the bag of crap, printed my receipt and went to sleep with a smile on my face. Hours later opened up a box from my wife and received the Woot Hoodie I wanted. What a great Christmas so far!

Thanks Woot!