HP ENVY Six-Core Desktop w/ 10GB RAM

STILL 80% after 45 minutes??

Come one wooters let’s move this one along!!!

I feel like that hover-mouse is false advertising.

Picked up the HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t (HP Quad-Core i7 Desktop w/ Blu-ray) last winter for $879 from woot and really really like it. I know it’s more $$ but it may come back for those who want more power in a PC.

I completely disagree. Please lookup some RAMDISK vids up on YouTube. You can certainly use a LOT more than 4GB if you know what you are doing.

It doesn’t mean that your system won’t. Please don’t post disinformation if you actually don’t know. By adding over 4gb, you are freeing up the memory that has to be cached on the storage drive which allows faster page swapping. Just because a game takes 2Gb of memory, doesn’t mean it isn’t accessing more within the page. And games do not run in isolation.

Anyone who has gone above 4gb of ram has seen the difference. And folks who studied computer science know this as well assuming you take a basic course on operating systems, processes and threads (and paid attention).

It actually looks like a decent PC. You could swap out the crappy card in the PCI-e x16 and put in something substantial, and it would be a decent gaming rig. It amazes me that you can do 6 cores at 3.8ghz. I still remember hitting that wall with the old P4s which is when they switched to multi-cores.

Even older games like COD BO 2 gave a significant improvement just going from 2 to 4 cores. interesting what 6 would do at that rate.

Real question is what they are going to do when they reach a point of diminishing returns in terms of core addition.

We bought this exact model for a workstation using AutoCAD two months ago for $700 at BB and it has been working flawlessly.

Yeah f-ing SUCKS if you bought the last one thought. :frowning:

Available at newegg for $5 more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883256744

No open PCI Express x16 slot and 3 open X1’s?

You two don’t read much before you try to argue, do you.

So tempting…

I just rebuilt mine 2 years ago (4x3.5GHZ, 8GB RAM) and I’ve gotten a couple of BSOD’s in the past few days. Nothing a wipe/restore won’t solve, but still. I can move my 2TB internal over to this one and have 3.5 TB internal, along with my 3TB external. Should last a while.

So tempting…

I just rebuilt mine 2 years ago (4x3.5GHZ, 8GB RAM) and I’ve gotten a couple of BSOD’s in the past few days. Nothing a wipe/restore won’t solve, but still. I can move my 2TB internal over to this one and have 3.5 TB internal, along with my 3TB external. Should last a while.

Open it up and reseat the memory and all cables, cards, etc.

Could have damaged the hard drive if it was a good fall.

Our dev team is looking into it. We’re seeing it our end too.

If you haven’t already Try reseating the RAM. Since you had the forethough to crack the case, I’m guessing you tried this already. Any POST Beep codes you want to share? The only other thing I can think of is somehow a USB stick/device got plugged in and it’s trying to boot off of that (Long shot / out there idea I know)

OK, forgive me if this has been answered before but are the BOC’s a thing of the past. I haven’t see it in the last couple of Woot-Off’s?

Sorry for the double post, it didn’t show up on the 2400 modems the forum was hooked into at the time :slight_smile: