HP ENVY Six-Core Desktop w/ 10GB RAM

**Item: **HP ENVY Six-Core Desktop w/ 10GB RAM
Price: $449.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=HP ENVY Six-Core Desktop w/ 10GB RAM)

[Search Google](Google ENVY Six-Core Desktop w/ 10GB RAM)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/11/2013 - $449.99 - 34 comment(s)
6/21/2013 - $449.99 - 38 comment(s)
6/19/2013 - $469.99 (Woot-off) - 37 comment(s)
6/18/2013 - $449.99 (Woot-off) - 34 comment(s)
6/7/2013 - $469.99 - 61 comment(s)

8/12/2013 - $459.99 (Woot Plus)
7/25/2013 - $449.99 (Woot Plus)
7/25/2013 - $459.99 (Woot Plus)
7/15/2013 - $459.99 (Woot Plus)
6/7/2013 - $450.00 (Woot Plus)

Shucks, yo, where them BOCs be at.

I have pretty much this exact desktop (bought previously from Woot), and it is a great desktop.

when will they ever put in a real power supply in these. if you buy this you will need to also get a bigger power supply

Couldn’t agree with you more.

If this thing makes it to Midnight when my bonus check comes in, I’ll buy one… And seeing as it just went from 100% to 99%, I think it may just!

But really though, it’s a decent processor, plenty of ram, even the video card isn’t awful. Slap a bigger power supply in there and upgrade the card if you really need to, and you’ve got a very nice desktop.

So, um, how/why is it 10GB of RAM? I understand multiples of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32). But what configuration of sticks of RAM are they using to get 10? 3 x 2GB and 1 x 4GB? It just doesn’t makes sense to me why they would do this. I mean unless they realized “Uh oh, we have a WHOLE BUNCH of 2GB sticks laying around here that nobody wants. How do we get rid of them?”

That’s the truth. A 300w power supply is crap. Can that thing even power that computer?

I have HP Envy. While it was sitting on the floor, the dog happened by, got spooked and knocked it over…it wasn’t a violent strike but just enough to knock it over. Never booted again, therefore I now have HP Envy. I wish I could buy one, but already had a laptop to supplement my computer needs.

Our power supply is fine. The motherboard was bad right out of the box!!! It would not boot back up to the monitor if we restarted or shut down, After threatening agencies being contacted when they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks for repair and pickup/delivery, they had it back to us in a week, repaired. It runs like a dream but we’re not gamers, we just prefer dedicated video cards instead of integrated.

What’s up with the limit of one? Are they just trying to drag this thing out?

While it is true that the PSU in this one is crappy, it is easy enough to switch it out. It does use a standard ATX PSU, and is just as easy to work with as any other computer.

Deleting my original comment, the HD7450 has come down in price big-time since I last looked at it (apparently it’s been a while, lol)

Also, there are much better options for a barebones kit than this. Upgrading would be so costly you might as well build one from scratch.

If you do purchase this and want to upgrade, first thing you would need to look at is the PSU. 300W is just enough to power the current components, nothing more. 500W PSU are cheap nowadays. Second upgrade would probably be MOBO, I’m sure HP skimped on capacitors and other components like they always do. It may not even have a second PCI express x16 slot. That RAM situation is pretty disconcerting, too.

Btw, it now runs like a dream and you can’t hear any sound from the tower, it’s silent. Win 8 we’ve found slightly challenging but finally got the drift of it. You need a nice amount of RAM just to run the OS, 10 is fine.

10Gb and there are 4 memory slots. If you need matched pairs, how does that work out?

2 5gb ???
:slight_smile:

OK, Since the woot off started 2 days ago, there have been like 12 listings for some kind of computer. That doesn’t even count the tablets. While we have yet to see a GPS device show up just once (and I’m not counting the iPhone GPS adapter). I’m getting a little tired of prevalence of the PC / Laptop products.

I’m guessing 2 4GB sticks and 2 1GB sticks. I am equally perplexed at the choice of 10GB of RAM for the server.

4,4,1,1…

Nonsense. Unless you plan on modifying the PC with some power hungry hardware (which most people don’t), the 300 watt supply will do fine.

The aftermarket PSU vendors would have you believe you have to have a 1000 watt power supply, but it’s (usually) not true.

Try plugging your computer into something like a kill-a-watt and see what it’s really drawing.