HP ENVY X360 13.3" i7 Convertible Touch Laptop

Is a 1TB PCIe SSD correct for a 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD?

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you are asking.

Just in case this comes up for sale again, I offer my thoughts to the woot archive:

I’ve had my envy from this sale for about 2 weeks, and I’m sure it will keep me happy for several years. No regrets, no “refurb” issues at all. This was a super deal, a kaby lake i7, 16g ram, and 1tb ssd for $900. Super fast boot times. Windows10 runs perfectly on it for me, with seamless sleep/hibernation/whatever it does when I close and open it. Nice hardware too. Good keyboard, huge glassy trackpad, hinges that hold at any angle including tent modes. Beautiful hidpi display.

possible issues:

• the screen is not super-bright, which I only notice on the bus on sunny days.
  • it’s hard to find much online about the model. I feel that it’s like those TVs made just for Black Friday sales. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s hard to google and find anything about compatibility or specific hardware when buying replacement parts or things like extra power adapters.
  • I haven’t tried installing linux yet, but I don’t expect it to go smoothly at all. the limited info I can find (see above point) leads me to conclude that it’ll be a pain to get linux working. Luckily, windows services for linux are surprisingly good. bash (as of the creators update) can even execute windows executables.
  • the volume buttons protrude a bit on the side, and are sometimes activated unintentionally.
  • keyboard backlight is all or nothing, not variable.
  • keyboard key paint (when not lit) is light grey on dark grey, often pretty hard to see. but not a problem with the backlight on.
  • any hidpi display will have scaling issues with some (mostly older) apps, and this is no exception.

to me those are all minor, and I’m very happy with the purchase. Thanks Woot!