HP ENVY x360 15.6" i7 Convertible Laptop

Any idea what they do about batteries on refurbs? Is it the old one so already likely diminished capacity?

My guess is these are lightly used and sent back for whatever reason, like a bad hard drive. They swap out the bad part and you get the DEAL!

Batteries in these are good, they are the modern-gen flat batteries like in your phone and last a little longer than the batter packs in standard laptops. The bottom screws come off and the battery, memory, hard drive can all be easily replaced or upgraded, like to an SSD drive for example. Amazon sells replacement batteries.

I’ve just had a lot of problems with my Dells and batteries, including some half-baked scheme where the PC won’t recognize the adapter due to some wire that frequently comes loose in the adapter. It’s why I’m looking at HP now.

Is this a better deal or this one for $100 more?

Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5318 15.6" Full HD 2-in-1 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, Intel Core i7-4510U 2.0GHz, 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Where is that one? Older CPU but SSD is normally a big price difference.

The Best Buy site says this has a backlit keyboard, which is a nice feature. Specs here don’t mention it.

Laptops come in MANY configurations. According to our vendor, these do not have a backlit keyboard.

I believe they check them for life remaining and replace if needed. If you have problems in the first 90 days, contact HP for assistance.

Here is the LINK.
Deal is only for today:

http://www.adorama.com/TOSPSVP2U00K.html?emailprice=t&utm_source=rsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Email100815Flash-VIP

Ah, bummer. I was hopeful that certain model # was same.

Nice Toshiba. Too bad it does not have Ethernet connection. That’s a deal breaker for me.

I wonder if these were a misbuild or something and that’s why on clearance. Probably would not have a big run all done incorrectly.

As is the fact that it’s backordered. People should post things to Side Deals! if they’re worth it.

Wow. Ordered Thursday, received Friday. That’s some crazy fast shipping.

Happily, they were wrong. At least the one I received has backlight.

So when I first opened the box and picked mine up, there was something loose inside of it making noise, like a small piece sliding around inside.

After I tilted it back and forth a few times it suddenly stopped. Has me worried what it was.

If I have concerns over that or a slightly tilted hinge, I take it I talk to HP, not Woot, right?

These have a 90 Day HP warranty, so yes, HP. After that, if you picked up an extended warranty, you could get in touch with Square Trade.