HP Home Cinema Digital Projector

850 Lumens?
That’s not nearly bright enough.
Sorry. No sale.

How much do the bulbs run on these puppies. Oh, and would anyone advise using this as a media projector for movies and such on a regular basis?

Did I tell ya about the HP Pavillion I hollowed out and turned into a birdhouse? HP products are so-so, its their support that sucks. Can’t trust 'em. No thanks, woot.

Very good price! good projector!

here is the user manual:User manual

here is the product data sheet: Product specs

lumes is way too low, i like me a bright projector, nice tho it has HD tv capabilities, but being in florida… ya 850 doesn’t sell.

Infocus is worth at least double.

4:3 aspect ratio on HP…YUCK

This is an Obsolete Model…

This is the beginning of a truly fantastic home theater system. I know two people who paid over $3,000 for JUST the projector. And the bulbs are radioactive to some degree, they have to call someone out to change them. A DLP unit, new like this one mind you, not a refurb, for only $500 is a steal. My girlfriend and I have plans to convert out garage into a mini theater, and the seating we’re looking at costs more than this projector! Mind you it’s about 2 years off after we move, but mind you I’ll be checking Woot every day to pick one of these up when the time comes to start in on our theater.

LAME WOOT – It’s just barely HD Capable. Native resolution of 800X600. No thanks. Find me one that’s native 1920 X 1080 with a 8 ms refresh rate, with at least 1 ATSC tuners and I will take 2 and maybe 3.

Keep going from $5 to $500. Dont have a problem spending a little money for the right stuff. Cant run with the big dogs? Stay on the porch!

Ok, yeah, my infocus does support 16:9, letterbox, 4:3, Native aspect ratios…

NOTHING was censored. Your link stretched the page out. It was reposted Properly by a mod. Why’d you post it again in the wrong format?

ETA: If you’re upset about some other issue/post, please pm me and I’ll gladly look into it.

I edited your post to fix your link, as it was making the forum scroll. I added nothing. Edit history shows you having edited it after that, though.

For all you people bitching about the resolution… you DO realize that this resolution is BETTER for dvd watching if you don’t want to buy an upscaling player right? There’s nothing wrong with going 480p on an inexpensive projector… stop being snobs.

Next lowest price, according to PriceGrabber, is a refurbished unit at $798.

Bulbs are $279 direct from HP which might be the only source.

There is one HUGE PROBLEM with this projector… the bulbs don’t seem to be available anywhere… and the few places that have them are charging as much as the projector.

I retract that… the bulb part number is L1731A and is 279 from hp direct and specced at 4k hours… probably due to low lumens… still for a small projector in a dark room, not a bad deal at all.

The description says the bulbs last for over 4000 hours.

Excellent point - I wasn’t thinking about. I bought a projector this year and that is my number one fear: that the bulbs are going to increase in price as production decreases.

Its been 5 minutes and its not sold out yet. Thats a good thing.

And who in the world bought 3 of these? Some deep pockets somebody has.

Probably someone who thinks they can resell them to make a profit I’d guess.

And SVGA? That’s not even close to high def.

shaoul make sure you catch my edit. I would probably buy a second bulb immediately to have one in stock anyways… but at 775 for the projector and a second bulb… if it lasts 2 bulbs worth at 3000 hrs a bulb, that’s a lot of projection time for 500 bucks… figuring you watch 4 movies a week on it at 2 hrs a movie… that’s 375 weeks - or 7.2 years… that’s assuming you get 3000 hours out of a bulb (probably more like 1500 - 2000

still set it conservatively and say you watch 8 movies a week @ 2 hrs… and get 1600 hours of bulb life… i mean that’s still about 2 years… and i don’t think that is the likely scenario. So with a backup bulb at 279 and the projector at 500 - figure you get 5 years out of it…that’s like 150 bucks a year for a projector.