HP, HP, Hooray

I configured a new identical system on HP’s website - it goes for $1719.99, so this is a pretty good deal.

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ConfigureView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&catEntryId=777158&quantity=1

False advertisement. The envy 27 inch or 23 inch i5 processor model all have Intel Core i5-4570T as CPU, the Woot product page lists 27 or 23 inch all-in-one as quad core, but actually according to HP website, this model of CPU (i5-4579T) has only 2 core: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c04101701&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=6529610#N180

More of a booboo on the first one and it’s now fixed. The rest seem like they’re correct.

are these cases big enough to support full size GPU’s? 2 or 3 or 4?

A small radiator for CPU cooling?

This seems like a screaming deal…just pop an nvidia 7 or 9 series GPU in and never look back…but I’m still kind of a noob to all this…any help is appreciated, tIa.

-TC

There are two concerns adding your own GPU to an existing PC that you didn’t assemble yourself.

1. The stock power supply will usually need to be replaced. They give you the cheapest power supply that will power the parts they include. A $100 video card with an 80 watt draw will probably exceed that tolerance. It gets worse from there.
  2. Sometimes the shape of the case means only a low profile video card will fit. That limits you to relatively low end video cards. You may be able to find documentation about what kind of video cards fit on the HP website, or with a web search on the model.

Good luck. I’ve only used a separately purchased video card once, but I assembled the whole PC myself so I knew everything would fit.

I am interested in this computer"HP ENVY 700-216 Desktop, AMD A10-6700, 12GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 8670D, 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0, Win 8.1". I have an old desktop now about 10yrs.old Systemax still running XP w/2gb. I DON’T play games on it…I mainly do powerpoint…word…excel…etc…email…watch videos…skype…conference calls…that type of home business applications all rather slowly I might add now. I am looking to upgrade do you think this would be enough for the tasks I perform on it or ? OH, I also would like to have two monitors. Do you think this computer would work?..ANY help or comments would GREATLY be appreciated! Thank you!

You MUST be joking…ANY system on this page would be a VAST improvement over a 10 year old XP system…and YES the 700-216 supports dual monitors.

i’m looking into the 23" hp envy with the i5. how big of a deal is it that this is a dual core and not quad?
for the price, is this a good computer? any help is appreciated.