HP Intel Dual-Core 16GB Chromebox Desktop

I welcome your suggestions going forward…I use DVD Decrypter. I have a big library that I doubt I’ll convert though.

By the way, do you know a good website that walks you through these things if you haven’t paid attention to them for years? I decided that this device seems cool, but I’d rather get my pi going again and maybe just need to optimize the files for them to display better.

Trust me, it’s worth it in storage space in the end. Even at a very high quality compression, you are talking about somewhere around a GB for a DVD vs a full size ISO. You can easily go smaller if you like with minimal visual loss, but I’m quality snob.

I suggest x264 and either .mkv or .mp4 as your container because these are pretty universal. x265 looks great size wise, but the hardware to actually watch your encoded videos is not there yet so I have held off.

With these files, you can then play the media on any Android or iOS device as well as pretty much any PC or streaming device, even my first generation Roku boxes.

Here is one link, How to convert a DVD to H264 using Handbrake, but there are many more. Handbrake is pretty easy to use out of the box.

It says In the box “USB Mouse USB Keyboard”. It did not come with either of those. Even in the manual inside it says they are sold separately. Why did you advertise that they are included?

I’m sorry for the problem. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance.

I’ve also emailed the computer team so they can verify it.

I received mine today. No keyboard, no mouse!

Woot is SLICK! When you check now, the USB Keyboard and USB Mouse “In the box” section are removed. Wow. That’s low.

I received my two today. No keyboard/mouse. Please note that the product description has been changed after the fact to remove any mention of the keyboard and mouse. Not cool, Woot!

I’ve emailed support and I’ve also done a screenshot of this thread because it contains Q&A about the included keyboard/mouse plus a copy and paste of the original product description which states that the keyboard and mouse are included.

This is very low on Woot’s side. I am calling my credit card company and disputing this charge!

Support supposedly will get back to me within 24 hours, so I will give them a chance to make things right before taking any further steps.

Missing Keyboard/Mouse

Hi all. Apologies for the missing keyboard and mouse. We have confirmed with the vendor that this was an error in our sale.

Woot Customer Service will be reaching out to ALL customers with options for you. Give us a day or two for the email, please.

Two days? Are you kidding me? I had a project that I planned to do tomorrow and now I cannot. Nothing can be done without a keyboard and a mouse!

This is the email I received. What a hassle! In which world you can buy a keyboard and a mouse for $10? Never Woot again.

I’m so sorry about the problem you had with your item. Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements to send you. We have two options: (1) We can issue a partial refund in the amount of $10 and you keep the item, OR (2) We can issue an RMA with a prepaid return label and you can return it for a full refund. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Did everybody receive the same solution from Woot???

DITTO!!! Mine arrived yesterday. No Mouse, No keyboard…Bummer

Ugh, sorry. I assume you’ve sent your info to CS already?

What a change from the before Amazon ownership days, when almost any problem with an item was at a minimum given a full refund along with a coupon code good for some dollar amount off of your next order. I have tried to remain loyal, but starting to feel like an abused wife now. Used to be a full time Wooter, never missed a day and would miss sleep to attend a Woot-off! now, the deals are not so great, almost no worthwhile moofi deals, and no more BOC suprises, in fact, woot-offs are a pale shadow of what they once were.

Yes. I did. Received the same lame 10 dollar refund offer… Not happy.

I went the contacting Support route, letting them know that the advertised keyboard and mouse were not included. I got a response that I should check with FedEx or my neighbors to see if they got it and get back to them.

I replied with a link to this thread and got the same copy and paste message listing the two options. I replied that I wanted to return the item for full refund.

I then got an email that my order was refunded $10. Argh. I replied that that was not the option I chose. I then got two duplicate emails saying that an RMA was issued and I’ll get the label in a separate email.

I waited an hour and replied that I hadn’t received the email with the RMA label. I then got a reply to my email about the $10 refund, not explaining why I got the refund, instead it was just a copy paste of the last RMA email.

After corresponding with four different members of the support team I still don’t have an RMA label.

Check your spam/junk folders. The label comes from a different account and often ends up in spam/junk. Also, it will go to the email address noted on your woot account. Let me know if you still don’t find it and I’ll ping CS.