HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-In-One Printer

I have the 8600 pro plus. Have had it going on 6 years. It’s gotten A LOT of use over the years. I chose the plus because I wanted the DUAL trays. One for paper, one for envelops. It’s easier to switch paper sizes in the paper tray they setting it up for envelopes. I did some 8600 vs 8710 views on youtube and google. Other then gaining an extra couple of pages per minute, not much difference. They SAY it uses two different ink cartridges but so not swapping cartridges. Darn.

The cost is much less too, half price in a matter of fact. So, why s cheap? With ink not being that expensive anyway, I think I’ll stick to my 8600 till I can’t get ink any longer. Then I’ll switch, but if the HP8710 is the same or better then the duty and service I’ve gotten from my 8600, anyone buying todays product will be happy. Oh, and the one thing the 8710 didn’t have that the 8600 did was a SD memory card slot. That might not be a big deal to some but I digitize all my invoices and receipts and save them on the SD card (instead of a USB). And, when I want to print out photo sheets of whats on my camera, I can pull the SD card, pop it in and BAM!

Warranty? This doesn’t even come with a manufacturer warranty?

This comes with a 90-day Woot warranty.

The Officejet Pro 8710 is in good shape, but hardly refurbished; it is definitely used. No packing list, no software, no manual, and the ink cartridges were shipped installed. The color cartridges were slightly used, the black ink cartridge was 50% used. I don’t know why the printer was returned, but Woot cannot/should not use refurbished as a fancy word for used.

I understand that the ink cartridges are shipped installed on purpose to keep the heads from drying out.

If you’re unhappy, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.