HP Officejet Pro All-in-One w/ Bluetooth Dongle & HP Photo Book

The bluetooth dongle would probably work with a PC with the proper drivers, but its primary purpose is to bluetooth enable the printer by plugging into the printer. Unfortunately it uses the same USB port that a flash drive would go in. If you need to print via bluetooth, you’d need to plug this dongle into the printer and the device you’re printing from would still need to be bluetooth enabled. You can also print via Ethernet and USB direct connect.

all multifunction printerts use software. there is an option that you missed to pass on the instal. that wont load the other bs. i dont have this one, but all the other brands that i used had software.

Replacement ink and printheads don’t look too bad - here’s page at Staples for them (very long link - hope it fits!):

I’m tempted… need to replace a laser printer and this might do it…

also have an HP all-in-one but an older model, it has been printing for now several years, the scan button does not work on vista either, but I am assuming that its because this printer is probably 4-5 years old (maybe even more) and it has displayed some compatibility issues before.

But it still works perfectly, it was bought at a discounted price as it was a floor display model in some computer store, probably office depot.

Here’s the more important page at Staples.com.

As one who’s dealt with woot’s excellent customer service, I can tell you that you can return it if there’s a problem here as well. On the two occasions I’ve had to RMA something with woot, they’ve sent me a pre-paid label and refunded my shipping as well. With many places, you’ll be out shipping on at least one direction. The dongle alone sold for nearly $100 the last time I checked (just because it’s HP specific), so what it really comes down to is this is an excellent deal if you need it. I bought another HP all-in-one for nearly $300 about 2 years ago and it doesn’t have the duplexer (not even as an option) or the bluetooth dongle (although it’s an option). I love the printer, and would jump on this one if I didn’t already have one.

well… it is a darn nice photo book, it has to be, its HP as well…:-p

It’s a Vista driver issue. More info here. I assume this affects all of their printers under Vista.

Yes, I’ve also loaded a PC with only the drivers. The printing and scanning works, but not using the scan button (which launches the program on the PC you select). It didn’t load the fax driver on mine, so I wasn’t able to print to fax, but I didn’t really need that feature on that specific PC.

As far as working with Vista, have you checked the HP site for more recent drivers/software? Mine came with a disk that supported up to XP. I downloaded the Vista version and ordered an inexpensive CD with the updated version of the software as well.

the printer its cheap but the ink cost twice

if anyone needs a printer by the brand “brother”

Ah, I may not have seen this because I don’t really use the scan button on the printer. Mine is hooked up via the LAN and I usually scan from the HP Solution Center.

Youve neglected to mention Staples charges sales tax in EVERY STATE. So unless you live in Texas or Missouri, Woot saves you another $12-15 on top of the $5 and the Photobook and the BT adaptor. If you figure the Photobook is worth $5 and the BT adaptor is worth $25 (lowest price on froogle) then woot is $45-50 cheaper than Staples.

Great deal except I will not buy an HP printer with replaceable print heads.

Should work with any Bluetooth enabled PC

You folks might look into the speed of it’s printing (It IS an OfficeJet) and the number of pages it prints. The XL black cartridge is good for 2450 pages!!
Just go onto hp.com, search the model # and read the specs, especially the ink capacities vs. cost. This one doesn’t hit you with high ink costs vs. page printed. It is for a volume use in an office, not your typical ‘ink-jet’. Don’t get me started on “Brother” products.

Well, every HP I have had has taken a dump on me… so I would not recomend it. I have a canon now and its great

I still have my old lazer jet III, its up to around 250,000 pages. Still works like the day I bought it. I know it don’t do color, and it don’t scan, and it don’t fax. But it’s lasted many years. It may be old and slow, but I know when I want to print a page, its prints. Some of the old stuff is like an old tank.

\

This is an issue I have encountered but due to other compatibility issues with my HP Photosmart C5180, I never looked for a fix.

Thanks for posting the link to the “paint” fix. I will try it next time I need to scan,

I currently have this printer. We bought it new for $349.99 and it has been worth every penny. The only complaint i have against it is that i wish it included bluetooth standard and had an extra paper tray. Other than that this machine has been the best printer i have ever used.