HP Officejet Pro L7680 Color All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier

I bought one on the last offer from Woot. I love it. I have a Mac, and was worried, needlessly it turns out. Works beautifully, and I love the ability to feed envelopes so easily. No hassle, just stuff it in on top of the paper and print it. Does it all; scan, copy, fax, and print.

pretty sure i got this from staples for 80 plus 20 mail in rebate. it is huge too! takes up alot of space. tsk tsk woot

Are these things worth upgrading? I’ve got some Hp psc XXXX printer/fax/scanner whatever and it gets the job done… but maybe i’m really missing out on some productivity or something that these brand new printers provide.

Honestly though, like it’s a printer, how much can they revolutionize it and get us to buy more of them … though I guess that is why they charge an arm and a leg for the ink. Whateverr… next woot please…

“pretty sure” … means simply you don’t know what you’re talking about and resulted in a meaningless useless post. Staples never had this model for $80 - give me a break.

Our office bought this model for $350 a couple of years ago. Still going strong. I bought one based on our experience at the last woot for the home and has been printing wonderfully with zero issue. B/w is fast, photos are great (sorry for those recommending laser printers over this, but color lsaser printers anywhere near this price range don’t come close). Also use it for faxes - no issues. Mine is plugged in to a wired ethernet port on a wireless router - no issues. The print drivers are a little bit of a pain. The document imaging app would sometimes not allow the XP Pro pcs to restart when sitting in the system tray so I only enable it when I need it. The printer is rather large (and heavy) so you better have a sturdy table or printer stand for it otherwise it will shake. Other than that, zero issues here. Nice price for a nice printer.

P.S… got to my home in 4 days.

http://www.ttuttle.net/396img.cgi?id=haosu

Scanner quality isn’t that good.

I just don’t like inkjets, they clog too easily, and the ink expires too soon(although it’s good much longer than it says). So the number of prints from an XL doesn’t impress me much. =/

I use this all the time to scan documents for email and love it. Does a great job but the files with many pages (like 50) are too large for some servers with limits to receive. I love the versatility of the machine, but if your ink gets low REPLACE it. I waited until yellow was empty and now it mixes yellow with black some of the time. until this I have loved the printing, especially the large cartridges.

I will NEVER buy another HP product!

The ‘Man’ holds you that close? My sympathy. Around here, if you go any less than ten mph over,
you get some ‘****’ six inches off your back bumper. (Probably one our finest, heading out to the doughnut shop.) :slight_smile:

that thing takes so many different ink cartridges.

I know!

Sorry to reply OT but at least I waited until deal’s over… yumac29 -just go to Staples Easy Rebates online site, type in your last name, email address, & zip code: it will show you every rebate they’ve sent you and what item you bought, if your memory needs F5. At first glance, the display looked just like my printer, too, but after looking mine up (as I’m not there to see it) found mine’s a much less expensive 4-in-1 w/ fewer features. Hope you’ll still see this.

well this is my 1st woot but i feel that i should clear the air on some things since i work at a staples so i know these pretty well

1st this does not use alot of ink it uses 4 tanks that come in 2 sizes big and standard so you buy what you need if you run out of one color you replace that color not the whole thing like older printers plus you buy what you need so if you print alot buy the big ones if not buy the standard ones

2nd no new hp printers come with “starter” ink anymore well that is the ones that use the 74, 75, 88, and 564 inks because all of them have a xl version so the ink is just the standard size ink

3rd no wifi only the L7780 comes with built in wifi BUT hp sells a wifi aparter for $100

well that should cover same the big questions i saw on here oh one more thing all the newer hp packging have what ml is in the ink that it has in the box so just check what ml the ink you have to buy comes if to see if it is “starter” ink

Got mine today and setup was long but a snap.

I got mine yesterday . . .

The scan quality from the ADF is not the best. When I scan pictures several of them will have red or green lines going through them. Also this does not seem to support 4"x6" photos. Woot! listed 4’x6" as a supported size; however, I am guessing this is for printing only and not for scanning (which the description isn’t terribly clear on). If I put a 4"x6" picture in the ADF, it ends up going in at an angle and then jamming.

The HP software does not seem to be that great for scanning pictures; when I scan a picture using the ADF it always leaves white “bars” on the side of the pictures. I really think that the software should auto-crop pictures scanned from the ADF. Also when using the ADF it does not allow me to set the resolution higher than 1200 dpi it gives an error and says that the out put will be too large of a file. However, it is basing this off of a scan that is 8.5x14" legal size and not off of the smaller sized picture that is in the ADF which should be an acceptable file size once scanned at a higher resolution.

The scan menu button on the printer itself and a pretty neat feature that lets you scan directly to a media card (such as SD) however if you look closely at the options for “Scan Quality” it only lets you go up to a scan quality of “High” which is only 600dpi and there does not seem to be any “custom” option where you can enter a higher amount. I really think that it ought to be able to do the 2400 x 4800 dpi listed in the description through the ADF to the computer and also to a media card using the buttons on the printer itself.

Have these shipped yet? Tracking still not showing up in Fed-Ex’s system.

I got mine the other day, and when it is on, it makes a high-pitched sound that is just the right pitch to be painful to listen to - even when it is on and doing nothing. I emailed Woot about it. Hopefully I can get this fixed.

P.O.S. just got mine. plug and play my ass. keeps saying mageta is out and wont let me get through the start up. hp doesn’t have phone support for printer and after 3 day of trying to gt help I’ve only got info on how to reset the thing. Woot won’t help. aaaaaaaahhhhhh

I finally set mine up. Won’t work though. Keeps saying Prindhead Problem,So I buy new H/P printheads still won’t work?

I’ve had mine for 15 months. The first thing I noticed is how flimsy the parts were. I had a part of the paper tray break off while taking it out of the box, and another part (on the top) that won’t stay attached when opening the cover. It worked well as a printer and copier, although I could never figure out how the fax option worked.
My main problem with this unit, now, over a year later is the error message I’m getting when trying to replace the ink cartridges for the first time. I used remanufactured cartridges from a well known online company, and as soon as I put the black cartridge in, the printer gave me an error message: “INK CARTRIDGE PROBLEM; The following ink cartridge(s) seem to be missing or damaged” with a black K (the cartridge I was trying to replace). “Refer to printer documentation.” I called the replacement ink company who told me to do a hard reset (unplug everything- cord from unit and wall- for 15 minutes, then, before turning back on, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds). They said oftentimes HP products are programmed to recognize when a non-HP cartridge is installed and won’t accept it, and the hard reset should erase that. I tried that, numerous times, actually, and still couldn’t get rid of the error message. I called HP (twice). The first time they said a non-HP cartridge would void my warranty; the second time they wouldn’t give me any technical support (because I’m past my 1 year warranty) unless I PAID them to upgrade/extend my warranty. The plan he first tried to sell me was only $65 (from a guy who didn’t seem to understand me very well). Finally, I resorted to my American Express extended warranty coverage. We’ll see what happens with that, but my guess is they’ll just refund my money, less s/h. Yay for Woot’s $5 shipping.
With my experience of this HP cheaply made product, programming to only accept the overpriced original HP ink cartridges, and the horrible customer service I can’t say I’ll ever buy an HP again.
What a pain.