main differences are:

this one vs. your link:
graphics memory (4gb vs 2gb)
ram speed (1866 vs 2133)
HD (1TB vs 2TB)
optical drive (no vs. yes)
bluetooth (4.0 vs 4.2)
HDMI (2.0 vs. ??)
USB ports (3.1x2, 2.0x1 vs. 3.1x3,Type C x1)
battery (63.3wHr vs 70)
weight (4.85 vs. 5.77lbs)

it says the wireless is different but then it says “2x2” for both, my understanding is that would make them basically the same (supporting same bands)… but I could be wrong about that one

those are the spec differences… how those things transfer into performance… I would say ram speed and graphics memory amount are a pretty big difference. HD amount shouldn’t make much difference unless you want to do a lot of video editing, the 2TB is the way to go. weight could be a big factor. bluetooth only matters if you’re super techie (certain functions and devices will utilize the higher standard). and do you need a CD drive (i haven’t bought a laptop with one in more than 5 yrs, but most people aren’t setup like I am to share an old one on my network).

but after all that said, it’s kinda hard for me to think the price difference is justified… I guess the RAM speed, graphics memory amount, HD and optical drive could make up the $90 difference?

To expensive for a basic Laptop. This thing is really worth about 350 bucks at the most.

@tobyboy11 If you can direct me to where I can purchase a laptop with an i7-7700 with 8 Gigs of DDR4 and a 1050Ti class video card for ~$350, I would certainly be appreciative.

Does anyone happen to know what specific model of wireless adapter this laptop has? I am curious, because I know certain wifi adapters (especially those that have open-source drivers) tend to work better on Linux than others.

The product description says anti-glare, which is a synonym for matte.

Does anyone happen to know what type of hard drive bays this laptop has? Concretely I’m wondering whether it has a spare 2.5" bay I can put an additional HDD/SSD in.

Have HP figured out how to make cooling fans yet?

Yes, I believe that is correct based on some digging through HP’s documentation. I believe there is only one 2.5" HDD/SDD bay on this model.

I believe there is 1 empty m.2 slot but no second 2.5" slot. If you have a 2.5" SSD and you feel comfortable installing an OS from scratch, you could replace the 2.5" 1 TB HDD with it though.