HP Omen 15.6" Intel i7, GTX 860M Laptop

5/5 Eggs over at Newegg

Can someone tell me the actual difference between the two?

The more expensive HP has Windows 10 and better graphics. The other model is Windows 8.1. and is still highly rated.

In addition to the newer graphics, the more expensive one has a very slightly faster CPU (by 100MHz).

vs.

The specs also indicate that the less expensive model has a card reader (SD, etc.) and that the more expensive one does not, though looking at the pictures I couldn’t see a card reader slot on either one.

eta: You should be able to get the less expensive one up to Windows 10 for free (until July 29). I don’t think this would be difficult since they are essentially the same model so all the drivers (barring graphics) should be available.

For the thirty bucks difference, I’d just go ahead and get the 960 model and not have to deal with the Windows 10 upgrade. There have been a number of people reporting issues with upgrading, and it’s hard to tell if it’s just the person doing the upgrade, the hardware itself, or just something about the specific machine, but if you go ahead and get it with Win10 to start with, you’re ready to rock right out of the box (…after some preliminary set-up, that is.)